We are looking for Bi-lingual Receptionists to help schedule appointments, translate client in-take, and perform administrative support functions for Assistant to Director. Spanish and/or Haitian Creole required.
- Interpretation and/or translation between reception and clients
- Answer phones and schedule appointments using a computer program
- Direct clients to resources
- Maintain confidentiality
- Filing and record-keeping
- Follow COVID policies and procedures
- Front office tasks and other administrative duties as needed
- Computer work including data entry as needed.
- Working knowledge of Google
- Ability to read and write at a 12th-grade level
Physical Demands and Volunteer Environment
Be able to lift, carry and walk with up to 10 pounds. Be able to communicate and translate with compassion in a multi-cultural setting. Ability to use a computer keyboard and telephone. Volunteer position requires sitting, standing, bending, and lifting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Report to: Assistant to Director
Hours: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Days: Monday, Tuesday, and/or Wednesday
10:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Days: Monday, Tuesday and/or Wednesday
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Birthline of San Diego County, Inc.
3660 CLAIREMONT DR Suite 4, SAN DIEGO, CA 92117, US
Birthline's mission supports pregnant women and families with young children by providing hope, resources and material assistance to families during challenging times.
Birthline program provides client advocacy, material assistance and referrals to other community resources for any pregnant woman, as well as women and single fathers with small children. Birthline recognizes that choices made regarding an unplanned pregnancy can have a life long effect on all of those involved. As a result, our client advocates offer practical assistance and referrals to support them in their decisions. Birthline offers choices that will benefit not only the parents, but the child as well. We offer choices that help them choose life.
3660 Clairemont Drive Suite 4San Diego, CA 92117
September 17, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Hatian / Creole
- People 55+
- One to three days per week (Monday, Tuesday, and/or Wednesday) 6-month commitment.
- Spanish and/or Haitian Creole required.