5 people are interested
Team Volunteer for Ronald McDonald House Charitites
5 people are interested
Purpose: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana (RMHC-CNI) provides housing, support and community so families with sick children can stay together. Team Volunteers are integral to this work by helping with the day-to-day operations of our Houses and Family Rooms. No two days as a Team Volunteer are alike, and these flexible, passionate individuals handle a variety of tasks to ensure our locations run smoothly for the families we serve.
Locations (volunteers pick one location at which to participate):
- RMH near Advocate Children’s Hospital: 4410 W. 93 rd, Oak Lawn, IL 60453
- RMH near Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital: ON150 Winfield Rd., Winfield, IL 60190
- RMH near Loyola University Medical Center: 1 Airmail Rd., Hines, IL 60141
- RMH near Lurie Children’s: 211 E. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60611
- RMH near UChicago Medicine Comer Children’s Hospital: 5444 S. Drexel Ave., Chicago, IL 60615
- Interact professionally with guests, other volunteers, donors, visitors and RMHC-CNI staff.
- Complete simple household tasks and maintain a clean and functional space. Responsibilities vary widely but may include: cleaning, doing laundry, and changing light bulbs, as well as restocking or organizing common spaces, kitchens and storage areas.
- Work at the front desk to welcome and assist guests, accept donations, assist with administrative projects and answer the phone.
- Give tours to volunteer groups, families and other visitors.
- Help families by preparing guest rooms for their arrival, answering basic questions and directing them throughout the House or Family Room.
- Assist with the preparation for and/or cleanup of volunteer group activities.
- Remain flexible and willing to complete wide-ranging tasks to meet current needs.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to show proof of vaccination in order to participate at RMHC-CNI locations.
- Agreement with and alignment to all RMHC-CNI rules, policies and protocols, including our current, post-COVID participation requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with other volunteers and RMHC-CNI staff.
- Desire to create and maintain a caring and compassionate environment for guest families.
- Willingness to engage with and provide service to all families and visitors.
- Volunteers must be dependable, trustworthy, friendly and flexible.
- 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- afternoon / 12:00 PM to 03:00 PM
- 03:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- evening / 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana
1301 W. 22nd St, Suite 905, Oak Brook, IL 60523, US
We exist so families can get better together.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana (RMHC-CNI) is an independent, 501(c)(3) organization with the mission of existing so families can get better together. Every night, more than 150 families heal together because of the comfort, compassion and community they find at our five area Ronald McDonald Houses and three Ronald McDonald Family Rooms. That’s 44,000 nights each year when families are able to stay close to their children, helping them to heal faster and saving them more than $9 million in lodging and food costs. We are located near Advocate Children's Hospital, Loyola University Medical Center, University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Edward Hospital in Naperville and Central DuPage Hospital.
Multiple locations Chicago, IL 60611
September 17, 2021
- Facilities Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment and Scheduling: • Volunteers must commit to two set, recurring shifts each month for at least one year. • Team Volunteer shifts occur seven days a week, and are 3-4 hours long (location dependent).
- Training and Support: • Volunteers must complete an orientation session, background check and on-site shadow shifts. • Team Volunteers report to RMHC-CNI staff at each location.