Spring Internship -Light the Night-
We are looking for Spring Interns to join our internship class!You may apply on Handshake (optional), but must also apply using our internal internship portal below.This internship can be done remotely, but we will also have a office if you want to be in-person at times.https://www.volunteerlls.org/?nd=vms_homeIntroduction At The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), we're passionate about our mission: to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS volunteers help carry out this mission in so many ways: supporting patients, family members, healthcare professionals, and our community, driving policy advocacy, participating in our campaigns, and helping LLS build much needed capacity. By agreeing to this role I am agreeing to manage my volunteer experience with LLS using Volunteers in Action (VIA). This includes reporting hours of service, receiving email and other communications through VIA, accessing tools and resources and using other features relevant to my volunteer role. Product Information
- Campaign Support Intern
- The Campaign Support Intern helps LLS campaigns build capacity. All projects are completed with support and assistance of the intern’s volunteer manager. The Campaign Support Intern completes a project that helps at least one campaign but does not fit within one of the other internship role descriptions. Examples of projects may include:
- Completing a project related to marketing/communications and event logistics.
- Completing a project related to a new or upcoming field of work.
- The volunteer manager for this position will provide details regarding the specific project this intern will complete
- The Light The Night Intern will assist campaign staff with various areas of the planning and implementation for the campaigns above. The primary concentrations will be in communications planning, project management, customer service, and donor management. The intern will be tasked with leading projects from beginning to end, along with other duties that will present themselves periodically. Staff will work with intern to develop projects to be completed by the end of your internship that falls in line with your strengths, as well as your interests. This position will be remote and is a 12-week program. In addition, you will receive professional development from LLS staff including mentorship, resume review, mock interviews, learning engagements, and more. The summer internship starts in May and ends in August, and the fall internship begins in September and ends in December.
- Cultivating campaign teams and event participants with personal emails and calls
- Stewardship calls to our top campaign stakeholders
- Creating multimedia stewardship tools for top teams & fundraisers
- Schedule content through our social media calendar across all social media channels
- Create content for our social channels
- Manage updates to campaign websites and other media tools
- Manage and execute a special project that fits within your strengths and interests
- Project can fall within fundraising, operations, marketing/communications, stakeholder outreach, and other fields.
- Personalizing fundraising pages for teams and participants
- Registering teams and participants through our campaign system
- Market research on companies and event participants to create profiles on prospect potential
- Data entry
- Solicit in-kind donations and gift cards from the community for Light The Night
- Execute outreach to new potential stakeholders and partners
- Enrolled in an accredited university/college program
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (exceptions will be considered with justification)
- At least 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self Directed
- Willingness and ability to attend events outside standard work hours (9-5 M-F) as appropriate for the project.
- Vary but Monday - Friday (9 - 5) is expected
- Seasonal (each season internship lasts 3 months)
- Summer Internship (May 15 - August 15)
- Fall Internship (August - December)
- Seasonal start and end dates are flexible
- Experience working with a national non-profit
- Develop professional skills
- College credit (as appropriate)
- Join a community of individuals for whom beating cancer is in their blood.
- Professional Development and Mentorship
- LLS will provide the volunteer with an orientation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as well as training in LLS specific software needed to complete the project.
- Marketing Social Media
- Project Management
The mission of the LLS is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. We’ve invested over $1 billion dollars in research and patient services, but still need to keep growing to make someday, today. Our many campaigns and departments in the office are the ones that help us raise the funds to help us reach these goals.
About The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Illinois Region
954 W. Washington Blvd., Suite 305, Chicago, IL 60607, US
The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. We work tirelessly to find cures and ensure patients can access the lifesaving treatments they need. When someone experiences the fear and uncertainty of a blood cancer diagnosis, we provide hope, compassion, education and support. Our impact is felt beyond blood cancer. The breakthrough treatments we helped advance for blood cancers are now improving the lives of people affected by many types of cancer.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Illinois Region serves Illinois residents who have been touched by blood cancers: leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Volunteers are our partners in this crusade to end cancer. Sign up to day to help us help people with blood cancer and their families, and become a part of the dedicated community at the heart of LLS.
954 W. Washington BlvdSuite 305Chicago, IL 60607
October 22, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Professional Development
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- LLS Internships are 12 weeks.