2 people are interested
Social Media Volunteer
2 people are interested
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking a creative digital native to join the Heads up for Harry team as our first social media volunteer (or intern!). As a member of our team, you will play an instrumental role in communicating with our community about how Heads up for Harry educates and creates awareness about mental health in the community. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter able to lead our social media content development and posting. You will work to drive awareness and engagement with our brand, including content development, copy-writing, and content calendering.
This role is primarily remote. We are based in Atlanta, so there is opportunity to get involved in person if you are located in the Atlanta metro.
What you’ll do
Ensure that week-to-week social media activities are carried out effectively, leading to an increase in engagement and overall brand recognition.
- Collaborate with the Director of Programs to create 1-2 social media posts per week across Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Manage our social media content calendar, lead the development & execution of posts and related content multiple times per week, according to best practices
- Coordinate posts related to topics such as - mental health and wellness, mental illness, and the work that Heads up for Harry and other organizations do in the community
- Promote Heads up for Harry programs that are on our website .
- Attend events, take current pictures, live stream and provide current hashtags to guests. Local candidates preferred.
- Monitor social platforms and campaigns for community management and engagement; track data, analyze, and make suggestions for improvement
Who You Are
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Capable of writing inspirational and personable content
- Possess a well-rounded understanding of social media and open to receive regular feedback in order to develop high-quality content
- Able to assist in our PR and marketing efforts from time to time
- Curious about mental health topics and interested in learning how best to engage with our audiences
You must be willing to commit at least 1-2 hours a week for more than six months. This is not a temporary position.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About HEADS UP FOR HARRY INC
588 ANGIER AVE NE, ATLANTA, GA 30308, US
Heads up for Harry Mission: To promote and advocate for mental health awareness and resources among adolescents, young adults, and their community of support
- Historically, Heads Up for Harry hosts interactive and informative mental health panels. Since 2017 we have hosted 14 panels. These panels bring students, young professionals of Heads Up for Harry, and mental health professionals together to connect and share experiences, insights, and thoughts around mental health and wellness.
- Growth in impact, so fewer students are dying from suicide, by expanding awareness work into public schools and colleges, and linking those in need to appropriate mental health resources. Co-creating programs with students and partnering with others to deliver programs and measure outcomes and impact.
- $200K+ more diverse annual budget to support growth and expansion of programs.
- Greater awareness among students and parents of HU4H from more community outreach, marketing and promotion.
- Paid staff (Executive Director, Program Director and Fundraising support), more volunteers, and transitioned into an expanded Governance Board.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 17, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week