Lakeville Food Shelf - Rescue Pick Up
We have volunteer opportunities to help us pick up donated food items (A.K.A. Rescue Food) from 4 different local retail grocers in Lakeville. Minimal exposure to other people. You will be asked to follow COVID safety protocols.
Day needed: Tuesday and Thursday mornings, starting at 8:15am
- You will need to use your own vehicle and gas, plus carry insurance on your vehicle.
- Be at pick up site on your scheduled day to pick up the donated food and immediately bring it back to the 360 Communities Lakeville Food Shelf to unload, weigh and put away in the appropriate temperature zone.
- Must be able to lift up to about 40 pounds.
- Time commitment may vary from week to week depending on the quantity of food the retailer is providing us. The average time commitment is 2-4 hours per week on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- Training will be provided prior to volunteering.
Please complete the on-line Volunteer Interest form on our website at: www.360communities.org/volunteer/volunteer-interest-form/
NOTE: I occasionally hear from potential volunteers that they do not receive my email reply. If you choose not to provide your phone number and have not received an email from me within 24 business hours, please check your spam, junk and/or deleted files to see if my response automatically went there. Or, feel free to call me at 952.985.4017. Thank you.
About 360 Communities
501 E. Hwy 13, Suite 112, Burnsville, MN 55337, US
360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives. We provide help in the moment and hope for the future.
Founded more than 40 years ago by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities provides hope and support to more than 17,500 individuals each year with services in over 40 locations, including a network of five food shelves, two resource centers, two sexual and domestic violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth through high school graduation. About 1,200 volunteers donate their time, energy and talent in support of 360 Communities every year.
360 Communities delivers a full circle of support to families through its strong network of programs, resources, and community partners. No matter how a person enters 360 Communities, staff and volunteers engage them to identify the root causes of their problems and provide resources to help them onto a path toward self-sustained success
Messiah Lutheran Church16725 Highview AvenueLakeville, MN 55044
September 16, 2021
- Inventory Management
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of one shift per week