2 people are interested
WE NEED YOU !! Restoring Family Links Instructor - Riverside IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY NOW!!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
RFL Instructors provide training in their divisions/regions to build capacity and knowledge around International Services and the global Red Cross Red Crescent mission. They are responsible for training Red Cross paid and volunteer staff in International Services related course content so that services can be provided in their local communities.
- Facilitate International Services courses, primarily focusing in the RFL Caseworker course, but including the RFL Outreach workshop, Fundamental Principles or other available International Services courses
- Teach the RFL Casework Course at least once a year, supporting your region and if possible neighboring regions.
- Updating training records in learning management system
- Stay up-to-date on Restoring Family Links program updates through participation in International Services conference calls and by receiving program email updates.
- Be a qualified instructor in another Red Cross course or have successfully completed the Basic Instructor Fundamentals Course or Instructor Specialty Course (Required)
- Be certified as a Restoring Family Links instructor by RFL Master Instructor (Required)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills (Required)
- Be available to teach the RFL Instructor Course when needed (Required)
- Be willing to keep up-to-date on RFL program updates through participation in RFL conference calls and email updates (Required)
- Have experience with RFL work in some capacity (casework, casework supervision, outreach/promotion of RFL activities, training) (Preferred)
- Have experience managing training events and an instructor roster (Preferred)
Training: We provide all the training!
Complete the RFL Instructor course facilitated by RFL Master Instructor, having previously completed the RFL Caseworker course or experience providing casework in your community.
Preferably have previously completed other American Red Cross course in facilitation.
Training provided by the Red Cross, estimated 7-9 total hours. Complete training within 3 months.
- Commit 10 hours a month to plan, facilitate, report IHL outreach and classes.
- due to trainings requirements ,we seek volunteers able to spend at least a year with us. A minimum of 6 months would be acceptable for some scenarios.
- Presentation days/times will vary, commonly on a weekday during business hours, some weekends.
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR VETERAN COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
6235 River Crest DriveSuite ARiverside, CA 92507
July 27, 2023
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- Case Work / Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Commit 10 hours a month to plan, facilitate, report IHL outreach and classes. due to trainings requirements ,we seek volunteers able to spend at least a year with us. A minimum of 6 months would be acceptable for some scenarios.