1 person is interested
Web Developer / Designer
1 person is interested
We are looking for a conscientious, detail-oriented Web Developer / Designer to assist in the support our website. As part of our team, you will update the design of our current website, make regular updates and add new content.
- Design and update web pages, including layout, text, adding video, images, graphics and command buttons as needed
- Maintain the website with ongoing random checks to ensure links are working
- Test the website on desktop and mobile platforms (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, iOS) after updates and fix any issues
- Ensure web pages are developed to measure traffic through Google Analytics.
- Assist with measuring website performance and suggest how to increase traffic
- Apply SEO tactics to improve visibility and direct new visitors to our website
- 1-2 years of experience in Wordpress
- Ability to edit images
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge of tools for web development testing such as Google Webmaster, Lighthouse, etc.
- Experience in SEO, Google Analytics and social media marketing
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Effective communicator and troubleshooter
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About For Our Common Good
8601 SIX FORKS ROAD, SUITE 400, Raleigh, NC 27615, US
Our mission is to help bring attention to small community nonprofits who are the unsung heroes and the backbones of our communities. Our ultimate goal is to grow and develop how we support our community nonprofits and, therefore our communities.
For Our Common Good is a new nonprofit. We know that by succeeding in our mission, we will strengthen our communities. I have been amazed by the feedback I've received - feedback from the nonprofits that have found us and those that are genuinely grateful we shared their post without our being asked. I knew there was a need for For Our Common Good, but their touching messages made it real in a whole other kind of way. What amazes me is the charities that I've heard from have been around much longer yet recognize that even though we are newer and smaller, we have a valuable role to play.
I recently had a call with Kelly Hamilton, Director of KinderMourn, a small nonprofit in Charlotte, NC that provides youth grief counseling about how they managed to make it through Covid. At the end, I asked her for a quote to add to a press release about the work of For Our Common Good. I was deeply touched and appreciative that she acknowledged the importance of what my little non-profit is doing - bringing attention to small community nonprofits - the backbones / the unsung heroes of our communities. This is the link to the press release that contains Ms. Hamilton's quote - https://www.wrde.com/story/43970276/for-our-common-good-is-bringing-attention-to-unsung-heroes .
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 16, 2021
- Computer Science
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Google Apps
- Must be at least 20
- 5 hours per week