WE NEED YOU !!(MFT, PSY,MH) Restoring Family Links Caseworker - San Bernardino MAKE AN IMPACT NOW!
Restoring Family Links Caseworkers provide services to people who have been separated from their family members in another country due to armed conflict, international migration, disasters, or other humanitarian emergencies. RFL Caseworkers provide these services through delivering and collecting Red Cross Messages containing vital family news, conducting searches in their community to locate missing family members, speaking with clients to gather details to begin searching for their missing relatives, reaching out to community organizations and groups to inform them of Restoring Family Links Services, and providing appropriate referrals to other services a client may need.
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather the details to initiate a search for their loved ones.
- Search for missing relatives in your community through: reviewing and analyzing case details in the case management database, conducting home visits, speaking with community members, and contacting organizations serving refugees and migrants.
- Deliver Red Cross Family News Messages to clients from their relatives, as well as collect replies.
- Keep clients informed of the progress made on their cases.
- Deliver news to clients on the results of their search.
- Enter new case information and case updates into case management database accurately and thoroughly.
- Provide competent, high quality, and efficient casework services to clients while displaying empathy and adhering to the Fundamental Principals of the Red Cross as well as the program standards and guidance set forth by National Headquarters.
- Identify successful stories to promote RFL services
- Desire to support the American Red Cross humanitarian mission through reconnecting separated families. (Required)
- Ability to work independently with diverse populations in a culturally competent manner, and to embody the Red Cross Fundamental Principals including Impartiality and Neutrality. (Required)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, experience working in databases; coupled with excellent research skills and comfort using technology. (Required)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills. (Required)
- Excellent attention to detail. (Required)
- Experience working with, diverse communities including migrants and refugees. (Preferred)
SAF Resiliency Facilitators and Trainers must meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree or higher in a mental health field.
- Psychology, Psychiatry, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, School Counseling/Psychology, Nursing (APN or CS in Mental Health area; RN’s who are board certified in Psy/MH).
- Psychologists must have a Doctoral degree in psychology to be clinically licensed.
- For School Counselors-
- Must have a Master’s degree or higher in Counseling.
- Must show a copy of a state teaching certification.
- Teaching Certification can be provided in lieu of an independent license, as most school counselors do not obtain independent licensure.
- For Nurses-
- Must have APN (advanced practice nurse) or RN with board certification in Psychiatry. Note that nurses with psychiatry experience only obtained during internships are not eligible
- Active, independent and unencumbered clinical license in the field in which their Master’s or Doctoral degree was obtained.
(i.e., someone submitting a license in Social Work must also have a Master’s or Doctoral degree in social work)
- Active: A current license that has not expired.
- Independent: A license that allows a practitioner to work on his/her own without clinical supervision. Graduate, intern and provisional licenses are not accepted.
- Unencumbered: A license without current discipline, conditions or restrictions.
- To be eligible, candidates MUST have an independent license and not be under clinical supervision.
Training: We provide all the training!
Training outlined below is not a prerequisite and will be part of RFL onboarding.
Training provided by the Red Cross, estimated 7-9 total hours. Complete training within 3 months.
- Orientation to the American Red Cross (online)
- Introduction to Restoring Family Links (online)
- Restoring Family Links Casework Course (online or in-class)
- FLAnswers database training modules (online)
- On-The-Job training and shadowing with an experienced RFL caseworker
- Psychological First Aid (online)
- The World of Red Cross and Red Crescent (online)
- Disaster Cycle Services introduction
- For 1-Year preferably,6months minimum if needed
- Commit 10 hours a month to plan, facilitate, report IHL outreach and classes.
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR VETERAN COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
17199 Yuma St Suite 2Victorville, CA 92395
October 5, 2021
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- Immigration Law
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- For 1-Year preferably, 6months minimum if needed Commit 10 hours a month to plan, facilitate, report IHL outreach and classes.