Job Coach Volunteer Opportunity
OVERVIEW AND IMPACT
Help job seekers affected by the pandemic to apply for jobs. Make a significant contribution to the workforce in doing so.
- Familiarize and assist job seekers with online resources for job searches.
- Assist job seekers in writing resumes and cover letters.
- Help job seekers identify local job skills training resources.
- Assist job seekers in using online job skills training resources.
- Provide encouragement and assistance to those recovering from job losses.
- Eighteen years of age and older
- Speak English well and have the ability to read and write English at a 12th grade level. Spanish language ability desirable but not necessary.
- Significant past experience using the internet for job searches.
- Familiarity with successful resume and cover letter writing strategies.
- Dependable and able to maintain a regular volunteer schedule and time records.
Information and Outreach Services Coordinator
TRAINING AND SUPPORT PROVIDED
Introduction to the library and its mission. Orientation to the library's role in serving as a job search research portal. Staff is available to answer questions but the candidate should be highly self-sufficient. Online training covering the job search resources the library has access to, as well as community job resources.
Minimum one hour per week. Total of six months requested to provide continuity of service.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Fond du Lac Public Library
32 Sheboygan St., Fond du Lac, WI 54935, US
The Fond du Lac Public Library strives to be a radically welcoming space, where all members of the community can gather, learn, and thrive.
The Fond du Lac Public Library offers a variety of information resources to the community. We have traditional materials such as books, newspapers, magazines, CDs, DVDs, databases and other e-media, as well as some non-traditional materials for checkout, such as cake pans, projectors, lawn games, ukuleles, and so much more. We offer computer help, crafting, and other programs for adults, and storytimes, scavenger hunts, and more for youth. Our onsite amenities include study rooms, a teleconferencing room, meeting rooms, a 2-1-1 emergency call room, computers with internet access, and a makerspace. We are always looking to expand our services in ways that benefit all members of our community.
32 Sheboygan St.Fond du Lac, WI 54935
September 16, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1 hour per week. Total of six months requested to provide continuity of service.