Fundraising and Community Engagement Assistant
Seal Rescue Ireland
Seal Rescue Ireland (SRI) is a registered charity that operates a busy marine animal rescue and rehabilitation centre located in Courtown, Co. Wexford, Ireland. As the only facility that rehabilitates seals within the Republic of Ireland, SRI responds to strandings nationwide. Most reports are for young grey and common seal pups found sick, injured or orphaned across the Irish coastline. In addition, SRI pursues understanding and public engagement of ocean conservation and sustainability through research, education, community outreach and habitat restoration programmes.
Fundraising and Community Engagement Assistant
The Fundraising and Community Engagement Assistant will report directly to the Community Engagement Manager and will assist in delivering and developing SRI’s conservation engagement and fundraising programmes. This dynamic role will build on a range of skills relating to community outreach, education, marketing, communications, and fundraising. This is a full-time position for a minimum of 6 months, but longer time commitments (with more responsibilities and benefits) are encouraged. The successful candidate will gain experience in a wide variety of practical skills, while getting the opportunity to build amazing contacts within a competitive industry.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support in the development and implementation of fundraising programmes, including 3 rd party, corporate and intern fundraising campaigns across various platforms
- Assist with donor relationship management
- Assist with corporate outreach for sponsorship and charity of the year partnerships.
- Assist in record keeping of monthly donation reports on various platforms (i.e. Facebook, PayPal giving fund, Benevity, website, etc.).
- Assist in the development and coordination of adoptions and memberships programmes
- Support the media team in developing content for social media and monthly e-Newsletter
- Assist in the management of in-person and virtual events including live streams, raffles, auctions, twitch streams, centre tours, talks and presentations.
- Provide support on community engagement and education activities (i.e. public opinion surveys, corporate volunteer days, presentations for schools/community groups, etc.)
- Network and liaise with key community stakeholders
- Research and initiate new conservation projects and improve upon existing projects
- Support Media & Marketing activities
- Assist in educational tours at the centre and any other related duties as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Previous experience in a related position (fundraising, community engagement, education, or similar)
- University degree in a related field of study (e.g. business management, marine science etc.) is considered an asset, though an equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, including well-developed public speaking skills.
- Strong ability to work with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Photography, video editing, and graphic design skills are preferred but not required
Competencies and Behaviours
In order to successfully meet the requirements of the position, the following competencies and behaviours must be demonstrated:
- Ability to take direction, and operate well within a team environment
- Ability to be energetic, resilient and maintain a sense of humour and positive attitude
- Ability to multitask efficiently, maintain organisation, meet deadlines, and adapt to dynamic needs as they arise
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences
- Must be solution-oriented with a high degree of personal initiative and effective problem-solving skills
This internship role starts as an unpaid position but includes free food and accommodation, and a stipend based on experience. SRI likes to promote from within, and this role can lead to employment opportunities within the organisation based on demonstrated performance.
Please visit our website at (http://www.sealrescueireland.org/internships/) to download the application form. Then send completed with your resume, cover letter, and two reference letters to: email@example.com
Attention: Fundraising and Community Engagement Internship
About Seal Rescue Ireland, Courtown Harbour
Courtown harbour, Courtown Harbour, Gorey, Wexford Y25TP93, IE
Rescue. Rehabilitate. Release. Educate.
Seal Rescue Ireland is a not for profit Charity (CHY21315) that works around the clock with a team of hard working resident volunteers to care for Grey and Common Seals from around the coast of Ireland. We deal on average with around 100 - 120 seal pups per year who come in to the centre injured, sick or orphaned. We aim to rehabilitate the pups back to full health and then return them to the wild when they are fit and ready.
We rely entirely on the public coming in to the centre to fund our work. We are open daily for visitors to see the rehabilitation work first hand and see the seals in care. Our volunteer interns provide guided tours of the facility to inform guests about the steps of the rehabilitation process, and the stories about each individual animal in care.
Seal Rescue IrelandCourtown HarbourGorey, Wexford Ireland
September 16, 2021
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
- Grant Writing / Research
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 21
- Minimum 6 month commitment