7 people are interested
Teen Center Volunteer
7 people are interested
Teen Center Volunteers Participate in developing, implementing, supervising, and evaluating educational, recreational, and social programs in the Teen Center. These volunteers work directly with the Pathways Manager, support staff, program partners, and other volunteers to run educational and fun
activities for about 100 teens each afternoon. Teen Center program areas include, but are not limited to, robotics, art, technology, and career & college readiness.
Responsibilities/Skills and experience relevant to this position:
● Maintain a safe and fun working environment for the teens
● Greet and check in all members
● Assist in planning and implementing weekly programs such as SMART Girls and Passport to Manhood
● Provide career and college planning assistance to members
● Use behavior management strategies to defuse inappropriate behavior and communicate behavior incidents with the Pathways Manager
● Provide ideas and feedback for potential projects
● Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER LOWELL
657 MIDDLESEX STREET, LOWELL, MA 01851, US
To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
With more than 100 years of history, the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell has been serving generations of the community’s youth as a safe place to learn and grow. We currently have over 300 club members, and we strive to help them develop into valued, impactful citizens within their community.
Currently, 21.5% of the Lowell population is in poverty, making Lowell the 16th most impoverished city in Massachusetts. In the 2015-2016 academic year, almost 20% of Lowell High School students did not graduate within 4 years.
The purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is to provide the youth of Lowell with a safe space to challenge themselves academically, engage with their peers, adopt healthy habits, and become valued members of society.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
September 15, 2021
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monday-Friday between 3:00 PM & 7:00 PM- Must be available at least one day per week.