Tech Lab Volunteer
Tech Lab Volunteers aid in implementing program curriculum in the computer lab for the youth at the Club. They also assist with First Lego League, S.T.E.A.M programming, and homework. Tech Lab Volunteers must be dependable, positive, and willing to follow all staff guidelines while operating the Computer Lab.
Responsibilities/Skills and experience relevant to this position:
● Be present and available to answer technology-related questions for youth
● Effectively implement the Tech Lab curriculum each shift
● Communicating with the Education & Arts Manager to make sure the needs of the organization and the youth are being met
● Provide technical support for programs and activities
● Be acquainted with the available resources and monitor computer usage among youth
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER LOWELL
657 MIDDLESEX STREET, LOWELL, MA 01851, US
To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
With more than 100 years of history, the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell has been serving generations of the community’s youth as a safe place to learn and grow. We currently have over 300 club members, and we strive to help them develop into valued, impactful citizens within their community.
Currently, 21.5% of the Lowell population is in poverty, making Lowell the 16th most impoverished city in Massachusetts. In the 2015-2016 academic year, almost 20% of Lowell High School students did not graduate within 4 years.
The purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is to provide the youth of Lowell with a safe space to challenge themselves academically, engage with their peers, adopt healthy habits, and become valued members of society.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
September 15, 2021
- IT Help Desk
- Child Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monday-Friday between 2:00 PM & 6:00 PM - Must be available at least one day per week.