1 person is interested
1 person is interested
Enrichment is one of the two key program areas of Social Recreation. This role is a fun and interactive position, and volunteers will be responsible for
helping to implement creative, fun, and effective programs for children ages 8-12.
Responsibilities/Skills and experience relevant to this position:
● Keep children engaged and focused by utilizing learning games and other teaching techniques
● Work with youth on skills such as teamwork, communication skills, and appropriate behaviors
● Provide educational support to youth ages 8-12 in all academic areas
● Answer questions and give feedback to youth in an encouraging manner
● Work with, provide feedback to, and address any concerns to Program Staff
● Be available on a consistent basis on the days/hours established at the beginning of volunteer service
● Help implement creative approaches to programming
● Engage and create meaningful relationships with Members
● Serve as a leader within the department
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER LOWELL
657 MIDDLESEX STREET, LOWELL, MA 01851, US
To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
With more than 100 years of history, the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell has been serving generations of the community’s youth as a safe place to learn and grow. We currently have over 300 club members, and we strive to help them develop into valued, impactful citizens within their community.
Currently, 21.5% of the Lowell population is in poverty, making Lowell the 16th most impoverished city in Massachusetts. In the 2015-2016 academic year, almost 20% of Lowell High School students did not graduate within 4 years.
The purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is to provide the youth of Lowell with a safe space to challenge themselves academically, engage with their peers, adopt healthy habits, and become valued members of society.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
September 15, 2021
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Event Design & Planning
- Arts Administration
- Child Development
- Outdoor Recreation
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monday-Friday between 2:00 PM & 8:00 PM - Must be available at least one day per week.