6 people are interested
Board member for non-profit - Fundraising/Marketing/Technology
6 people are interested
MISSION: Rae’s Hope empowers at-risk girls to take charge of their lives and become productive members of their community.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Rae’s Hope Board Member will fulfill the responsibilities and duties and meet the qualifications and experience requirements of the Board of Directors Job Description. The Board Member will also become an active member of one or more of Rae’s Hope Board Committees. The Board Member will participate in fundraising events as well as any other areas that require assistance. Additionally, forums for this assistance will include board meetings, committee meetings, business meetings, calls and carrying out assigned tasks. The Board of Directors position is a working board member offering expertise (including but not limited to) the areas of marketing, technology, and fundraising.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand the organization’s mission, policies, programs, Board of Directors manual and needs.
- Required to attend 75% (9 of 12) of board meetings, committee meetings, and special events.
- Actively participate in one or more fundraising activities.
- Serve as active advocate and ambassador for the organization to raise visibility, fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission.
- Leverage personal relationships, connections, networks, and resources to help the development committee to identify and reach potential funders, and directly invest in Rae’s Hope work by making a personal contribution each year so we can fully achieve the organization’s mission.
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings and volunteer time to participate in ongoing projects.
- Participate fully in one or more committees and actively participate in committee work.
BOARD MEMBERS ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Follow the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions.
- Sign a conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose potential
conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of Rae’s Hope organization.
SPECIFIC DUTIES FOR COMMITTEES
- Provide support and guidance in the area of community outreach, marketing, and strategic planning.
- Participate by providing support, ideas, and suggestions in communications, including all communication
tools: website, emails, social media, newspaper ads, broadcast media (TV/radio), outdoor/out of home media,
and communication strategy.
- Participate or assist in strategic planning of community outreach programming.
- Develop long-term and annual fundraising plans that will generate the funds needed to meet the organization’s
- Participate in strategic planning and investigate innovative ways to increase funding; develop new
fundraising projects, activities, and ideas for possible use in the future.
- Assist Chair on any ongoing fund development activities and provide recommendations for improvements for
the new fiscal year.
- Take a strong role in identifying, cultivating, and approaching major donors.
- Understand or have knowledge of grants.
- Collaborate with internal committee groups to financially achieve mission fund goals.
- Provide oversight of technical infrastructure and develop and implement a technology plan that will promote Rae’s Hope’s mission, vision, and values related to emails, website, application implementation, IT, etc.
- Assess technological needs and address any future trends that may affect Rae’s Hope’s strategic plans, including monitoring of overall industry trends.
- Make recommendations concerning acquisition, implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of all technology and platforms within a secure and robust infrastructure.
- Provide website management assistance and necessary development.
- Demonstrate ability to integrate events, programs, classes, etc. via secure platforms.
- Have knowledge or understanding of cybersecurity.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE based on committee:
- Must exhibit excellent communication, fundraising, teamwork/team management, and financial management skills.
- Knowledgeable of current and emerging solutions: social media, web solutions, corporation networks, and marketing.
- Career experience or expertise in marketing, business development, fundraising, or IT.
- Proven knowledge of contemporary and emerging technology solutions.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with current and emerging solutions for outreach, visibility, increasing funders, developing partnership, corporate networks including use of social media, web solutions, industry networks, and marketing/advertising solutions.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and ability to effectively work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, race, gender, and ethnic backgrounds including participants and volunteers.
- Degree preferably in the fields of business, human resources, marketing sales, or management.
About Rae's Hope Inc
12801 N. Central Expressway Suite 700, Dallas, TX 75243, US
Rae’s Hope’s mission is to empower at risk girls to take charge of their lives and become productive members of their community. We support the development of girls from South Dallas and surrounding areas by providing preventive programs with a focus on life skills such as healthy living, Social Skills training, physical fitness, Volleyball and Cycling, technology and education.
Rae's Hope is committed to increasing the number of youth that stay in school and do well academically, live healthy lives, achieve competency in critical life and financial skills and contribute to their communities.Our organization is for girls 5-18 years old
12801 North Central ExpresswayDallasDallas, TX 75243
September 15, 2021
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Database Administration
- Background Check
- Approx 6 - 12 hrs a monthm, depending on responsibilities