26 people are interested
AmeriCorps VISTA Member - Californians for All
26 people are interested
Program Start/End Date: 12/6/21 to 12/5/22
Work Schedule: Full-time
Education Level: High school diploma/GED
Age Requirement: 18 (minimum); no maximum
Description: Are you a passionate problem solver ready to step up and meet the moment through a year of service? As part of the #CaliforniansForAll initiative, California Volunteers, Office of the Governor, is recruiting for AmeriCorps VISTA members to strengthen the volunteer infrastructure of partnering organizations, including food banks and other nonprofits. With these efforts, C alifornians living in poverty will have greater access to the help they need as nonprofits and government agencies across California utilize volunteers more effectively to expand and improve services. The purpose of the #CaliforniansForAll initiative is to create a robust statewide volunteer infrastructure to effectively mobilize and deploy Californians across the state to assist with pressing state and local challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond .
Full Time (40 hours/week) from December 6, 2021 - December 5, 2022.
This is a stipend position with AmeriCorps VISTA. Learn more at https://americorps.gov/members-volunteers/vista
- Build volunteer recruitment and management systems for partnering organizations based on gap assessment;
- Screen, place, and onboard volunteers recruited through #CaliforniansForAll at food banks and partnering agencies (including recurring scheduling/follow up);
- Track and collect volunteer data, including preparing reports and analysis for the partnering organizations/California Volunteers;
- Assess the volunteer needs of partnering organizations and identify potentially new, different ways to engage volunteers to better accomplish program goals;
- Assist partnering organizations with the posting of their volunteer opportunities on the #CaliforniansForAll VolunteerMatch online platform;
- Assist partnering organizations with the coordination and implementation of volunteer management practices;
- Serve as a volunteer liaison between the State (California Volunteers) and partnering organizations, including communicating volunteer needs and impacts to both partners;
- Assist with securing funding resources for program services; and
- Create a sustainability plan with partnering organizations that documents specific steps and parameters of continual volunteer usage.
Service Locations: VISTA Member would be serving in one of these counties - Community Action Agency of Butte County ( Butte County), The Food Bank of Nevada County (Nevada County), Los Angeles Regional Food Bank (Los Angeles County), LA Works (Los Angeles County), Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County (San Bernardino County), Food Bank of Santa Barbara County (Santa Barbara County), Yolo Food Bank (Yolo County), Volunteer Center of Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz County), Center for Volunteer & Non Profit Leadership (Marin County), FIND Food Bank (Riverside County), Central California Food Bank (Fresno County).
- Living Allowance paid biweekly ( $14,960 - $29,920 per year depending on location of service)
- The Segal Education Award ($6,345) or Cash Stipend ($1,800) upon successful completion of service
- Non-competitive eligibility to federal jobs upon completion of service
- Health Care Benefit
- Tele-health benefit
- Relocation Benefit (if applicable)
- Childcare (if applicable)
- Leave Time (10 days personal, 10 days sick/medical, paid holidays)
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans
- A network of over 220,000 AmeriCorps VISTA members and alums
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, Lawful Permanent Resident or person legally residing in a state that have one of the following legal residency classifications: refugee, asylum or asylee, or temporary protected status.
- Pass a national service criminal history check
- Two references (through My AmeriCorps application)
Please note the application process is managed by AmeriCorps. Applications will only be accepted through the My AmeriCorps portal.
- A passion for volunteerism and community engagement
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Strong attention to detail and manages competing priorities effectively
- Fluency in another language used commonly in California
How to Apply:
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
- Complete Application via: https://forms.office.com/g/2ZzMUzBxJn
- Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Please add "VISTA APPLICATION" and your Zip Code in the subject line.
- Complete/Submit application on AmeriCorps Portal: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=107015
About California Volunteers
1400 10th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, US
To empower and mobilize all Californians to volunteer and serve in their communities.
We are the state office tasked with engaging Californians in service, volunteering and civic action to tackle our State’s most pressing challenges and while lifting up all communities.
California Volunteers administers the AmeriCorps portfolio in California with over 80 programs providing critical services to more than 160,000 Californians annually. Led by the state’s Chief Service Officer, Josh Fryday, California Volunteers is supported by a bipartisan 25-member Commission and a team of experts driven by a mission to empower and mobilize all Californians to volunteer and serve in their communities.
Multiple locations Sacramento, CA 95814
October 21, 2021
- Capacity Planning
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Full Time (40 hours/week) from December 6, 2021 – December 5, 2022.