Disaster Recovery Caseworker
Provide Follow up and Recovery Planning Services, including referrals, for individuals and households following regional events - primarily home fires.
- Conduct follow-up for clients within 72 hours of case being opened by Disaster Action Team or Caseworker.
- May also conduct Intake and provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients if case was not opened by DAT
- Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
- Provide Internal Referrals and External Referrals.
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy upon request
- Use RC Care to document services according to the Client Care Program Standards and Procedures and RC Care Job Tools.
- Services may be provided in person or virtually.
- Work with community recovery partners to plan for community recovery needs and long-term recovery activities.
- Able to treat clients with care, comfort and concern.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting.
- Demonstrated interest in learning about community resource organizations.
- Treats people equitably and works effectively with diverse populations
- Comfortable with technology
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
2600 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Whitewater, WI 53190
September 15, 2021
- Disaster Response
- Case Work / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours/week *Deployment Opportunity available- must be able to commit to two week deployment*
- Must complete volunteer application at www.redcross.org/volunteer. Please email Amber Carey with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.