An Iconic Evening
An Iconic Evening is an incredible culinary experience inside the Visitor Center at the Gateway Arch featuring James Beard Award-winning chef, Gerard Craft. Chef Craft is a pioneer for the Midwest dining scene crafting the masterful flavors of Taste by Niche, Brasserie by Niche, Pastaria, brassWELL, Pastaria Deli & Wine, and Cinder House at the Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis.
An Iconic Evening Volunteers are a dedicated corps of volunteers who support Gateway Arch Park Foundation’s events and development departments by helping create a hospitable, informative, and donor-centered environment. The primary tasks of An Iconic Evening Volunteers are to assist events and development staff and vendors provide an enjoyable experience for guests attending the event. This may include checking in guests, greeting and offering directions to guests and vendors, assisting with the Fund a Need portion of the event, and other tasks as assigned.
Roles and Responsibilities:
18 or older (younger applicants with parental/guardian approval may be considered). As representatives of Gateway Arch Park Foundation, volunteers must adhere to the policies, procedures, and code of conduct as outlined in the volunteer handbook provided prior to or during training.
An Iconic Evening at the Gateway Arch may include high-profile donors, so professionalism and hospitality are our top priorities. This means we expect volunteers to deliver quality customer service to guests and vendors.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to work with the public and learn more about event management and fundraising events.
- Enthusiasm, friendliness, and a positive attitude
- Present themselves in a professional manner
- Respect for confidentiality of the Gateway Arch Park Foundation’s volunteers, partners, members, and donors
- Willingness to take initiative, and voice ideas
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time (up to 4 hours at a time)
- Ability to occasionally lift and move up to forty (40) pounds
Dress Code for Events:
- Black pants or skirt
- Black shoes
- Polo shirt- provided by GAPF
5 hours on Thursday, October 28th from 5:30- 11:00 p.m.
An Iconic Evening takes place in the Visitor Center at the Gateway Arch located at 11. N. 4th Street.
Training and Supervision:
- Volunteers must attend orientation onsite or virtually. Orientation is approximately 1 hour long and held on the second Tuesday of each month at 6 pm.
- Training is provided and mandatory for private events volunteers. The Director of Programs and Events, Director of Development, and Volunteer Manager will take volunteers on a walkthrough of the event locations, go over event roles, and responsibilities, and expectations.
Gateway Arch Park Foundation is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
- Thu Oct 28, 2021 - 05:30 PM to 08:30 PM
- Thu Oct 28, 2021 - 06:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Thu Oct 28, 2021 - 08:00 PM to 11:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About GATEWAY ARCH PARK FOUNDATION
1 S MEMORIAL DR STE 700, SAINT LOUIS, MO 63102, US
The Gateway Arch Park Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to ensure that the Gateway Arch, its grounds, neighboring public space, and attractions will be a vital, welcoming, and well-supported resource for the community and nation for generations to come.
Founded in 2009 to support and coordinate a project to connect, invigorate and expand the Arch grounds, the Foundation is a conservancy that collaborates with partners to operate and maintain the improvements made through the CityArchRiver project.
11 North 4th StreetSt. Louis, MO 63102
September 15, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- up to 4 hours on October 28th
- Excellent communication skills A desire to work with the public and learn more about event management and fundraising events. Enthusiasm, friendliness, and a positive attitude Present themselves in a professional manner Respect for confidentialit