25 people are interested
Help Refugees and Immigrants Learn English! (virtual or in-person)
ORGANIZATION: Vietnamese Social Services of Minnesota
Please visit the new page to apply.
25 people are interested
Our priority -- we are looking for volunteers who speak Somali, Karen, Burmese, Vietnamese and can help us translate teaching materials and teach conversation, grammar and reading classes. Also, we need help contacting our students and providing them technical support to attend online classes or complete homework online.
Second Opportunity: We are looking for English speakers who are interested in leading a conversation, grammar or reading class (1 hours), or providing digital learning training during the afternoon or early evening.
There are in person and online opportunities. Priority: In person during the day (anytime between 9:30-4:00 pm).
Also: Online anytime from 9:30 - noon Monday-Wednesday. OR 1:00 -2:00 pm Monday - Wednesday. OR 4 :00- 5:00 pm OR 6:00 - 7:00 pm Monday-Wed.
We need volunteers who are interested in working with immigrants and refugees from all over the world.
Help teach adult immigrants or refugees learning English. Meet people from the Twin Cities community and work with them as they build literacy skills and achieve their goals. Many of our students have limited computer skills, so we are seeking volunteers to assist in the classroom to build community and communication skills. Sound like something you're interested in? Volunteer as an English tutor or teacher with Vietnamese Social Services!
- No experience or diploma needed -- we'll provide all necessary training
- English speakers o all levels are welcome and encouraged to volunteer
- Virtual and In-Person opportunities available
- Time commitment is 1-3 hours per week
- We will match you with students at a time that works for you
- Must be 18 years old to volunteer
- Must currently reside in the USA
- We strongly encourage volunteers who are people of color, indigenous, immigrants and refugees, LGBQ+, and people with disabilities.
- We also strongly encourage multilingual volunteers who can speak Vietnamese, Karen, Karenni, Burmese, French, Hmong, and Somali.
Please contact Jo Matson for more details at email@example.com or fill out our online volunteer application and we'll contact you with next steps: https://forms.gle/4fVP5V1F6NAoUYci8
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Vietnamese Social Services of Minnesota
Suite 100, 277 University Avenue West, St. Paul, MN 55103, US
The mission of Vietnamese Social Services of Minnesota is to maintain the identity of the Minnesota Vietnamese and other diverse community members while addressing the basic economic, educational, and health needs of refugees and immigrants statewide.
Address the needs of Vietnamese, Karen, Karenni, Burmese, and Somali families and individuals by providing social services in relation to economic stability, education and health issues, in a context of cultural values.
Multiple locations Saint Paul, MN 55116
August 23, 2022
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week.
- A love for helping immigrants and refugees!