15 people are interested
Administrative and/or Social Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Altus Hospice North Houston
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
Come join our Altus Hospice Volunteer Team! Are you caring and compassionate? Do you have a passion for helping others? Then we would love to have you as a hospice volunteer!
Become a hero on your own terms
On your own time. In your own way. With your personality. Your ability to relate. Your own skills. Your way of solving a problem, sharing a story, helping somebody remember important moments in their lives.
You can be one of our volunteers
When you give us the precious gift of your time and interest, we give you a chance to make a real difference in someone’s life. We train you, find you the right assignment and stand behind you as you grow.
Altus Hospice provides professional care with a personal touch. We accomplish this by focusing on both the patient and their family. We will treat the disease process with medical expertise while emphasizing quality living, not only physically, but also psychosocially, emotionally and spiritually. Comfort, compassion and calming presence are the gifts we bring to this service, and we are honored to walk with the patient and loved ones through this special time.
*Volunteers are not employed and do not receive compensation for their time*Responsibilities
There are Two Types of Volunteers
- Patient Care Volunteers are part of a patient’s care team. They make home visits to offer companionship for patients and relief for caregivers. Examples of patient care volunteer opportunities include reading to the patient, assisting with a hobby, listening, running errands, or grocery shopping.
- Organizational Volunteers do not work directly with patients and families. Examples of organizational volunteer opportunities include work in our offices to support our care team or help patients and families through indirect support, such as assisting with our Transitions program, creating special memories for holidays, patient birthdays and anniversaries, planting flowers or mowing a yard for a patient that is unable to continue doing so, and helping with other needs of our patients and families.
- Understanding and supportive of hospice philosophy.
- Compassionate person who is accepting and respectful of people's differences.
- Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order, if making patient visits.
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to pass background check requirements.
About Altus Hospice North Houston
201 Kingwood Medical Drive, Suite B-500, Kingwood, TX 77339, US
Altus provides the best hospice and palliative care for patients & their families. We offer comfort & confidence during one of life’s crucial transitions.
Determining the best course of care for someone you love can be a challenge, but Altus Hospice strives to make this process as simple as possible. Our people are highly trained and sincere, our methods are tested and true, and our integrity is unblemished. When you choose Altus, you can be assured your loved one is receiving exactly what they need, when they need it. It’s the Altus way
Multiple locations Kingwood, TX 77339
September 15, 2022
- Massage Therapy
- Administrative Support
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training