- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
11 people are interested
Volunteer Board Member- Remote
ORGANIZATION: School of Empowerment NPC
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
11 people are interested
Who are we?
The School of Empowerment Africa was established principally for COMMUNITY ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND FOUNDATION. This is done so by seeking to EMPOWER and INSPIRE a nation, one person at a time, by providing a platform where individuals can access skills, self-development training, and economic and social development opportunities. Also, by providing creative spaces where individuals can express themselves at a local and global scale to enable them to represent their interests in a responsible and self-determined way, acting on their own authority.
The School of Empowerment Africa is looking for volunteers to join their Board of Directors commencing 01 March 2023
The Organization Board of Directors comprises leaders from the nonprofit and for-profit sectors who are dedicated to the organization’s mission. As the preeminent educational resource for nonprofit board recruitment, the School of Empowerment Africa’s own board strives to be a model of governance performance.
Our board members champion the importance of exceptional board leadership and believe that each and every organization needs a strong and effective board to fully realize its potential for good. In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a board member, our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and are fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the School of Empowerment Africa to advance its mission.
- Attend monthly meetings (virtual).
- Contribute to ongoing committee work as we are a volunteer-driven organization.
- Board members are expected to responsibly represent the School of Empowerment Africa to their respective communities and advocate for its mission, programs, and services as appropriate. Promote the vision and mission of the School of Empowerment Africa.
- Serving on the School of Empowerment: AFRICA Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about strengthening leadership and governance in the nonprofit sector.
- Board members are expected to have the financial acumen to read and understand the School of Empowerment Africa Organization’s financial statements and to otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Board members are expected to attend 75 % of board meetings per year.
- They are expected to read board materials in advance of board meetings and to come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions. Board members are expected to serve on one or more committees of the board and to actively participate in committee work.
- Board members are expected to play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for the School of Empowerment Africa to achieve its mission.
- Board members are expected to leverage personal relationships and connections to help the development committee and staff identify and solicit potential funders, as well as directly invest in School of Empowerment: AFRICA’s work by making a personal contribution each year.
- Board terms last for three years, and board members can serve for up to two consecutive terms.
Desired Skills and Expertise
School of Empowerment Africa seeks an experienced advocacy professional who has planned and implemented advocacy strategies and campaigns to support an issue or cause. We seek a board leader to help cultivate the board’s leadership role in advocacy in support of staff as part of a broader commitment to increasing awareness about the importance of our mission, influencing public policy, and expanding our reach. The ideal board candidate should have prior nonprofit board member experience or have received formal board training.
School of Empowerment Africa seeks a well-connected leader who is passionate about Empowering and Inspiring change in individuals and can leverage his/her networks and resources in support of efforts to positively impact the policy environment in which the School of Empowerment Africa does its work.
We are seeking Board Members with Expertise in one (or more) of the following areas:
- Fundraising Experience and/or CFRE Designation
- Finance, Legal or Regulatory background
- Learning and Development / social work background
- Project Management / M.E.A.L
- Human Resources
- Experience leading and growing non-profit organizations as either an Executive Director or a Board of Directors member
- Strong administrative & organizational skills
NB: SSchool of Empowerment Africa is also looking for individuals who are interested in growing their role as either the Chair, Vice-Chair, or Treasurer in future years.
Commitment: Two-year term commencing 1st of March 2023. 3-10 hours per week on average (varies).
More opportunities with School of Empowerment NPC
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About School of Empowerment NPC
125 Palm Street, Delft South, Cape Town, Western Cape 7100, ZA
We seek to EMPOWER and INSPIRE a nation one person at a time by providing a platform where they can access skills, self-development training, economic and social development opportunities.
The School of Empowerment: AFRICA was established principally for COMMUNITY ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND FOUNDATION. This is do ne so by seeking to EMPOWER and INSPIRE a nation, one person at a time by providing a platform where they can access skills, self-development training, economic and social development opportunities.
Also, by providing creative spaces where they are able to express themselves at a local and global scale in order to enable them to represent their interests in a responsible and self-determined way, acting on their own authority.
The activities of the organisation are carried out in a non-profit manner with an altruistic and philanthropic intent and without any direct benefit accruing to any of its Directors, employees, officers, or agents (otherwise than as stated herein). All public benefit activities carried on by our PBO are widely accessible to the general public at large, including any sector thereof. other than small & exclusive groups.
The Organisation is a Non-Profit Company ( NPC No. 2019/350554/08 | PBO No. 930070179 | Income Tax Reference No. 9892072175 ) based in South Africa
Multiple locations New York, NY 10001
January 26, 2023
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Strategic Planning
- Donor Management
- General Education
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- Two-year term commencing 1st of March 2023