Fluent in Spanish? Volunteer at JDC's free legal clinics!
[Remote or onsite] The Justice & Diversity Center (JDC) offers free legal clinics on the 4th Tuesday of each month at the Women’s Building. These clinics offer short-term legal advice to low-income clients in the San Francisco area. Many of our clients speak primarily Spanish and need interpreters to communicate with the attorneys and receive the legal advice and services they ended. Utilizing your language skills provides critical help to clients so they can receive life-changing legal assistance.
If you are interested in volunteering for a legal clinic, JDC will email you with the dates and times of upcoming clinics that need interpretation services.
Interpreters are essential for clients with limited or no English proficiency and their ability to access legal services. Please consider volunteering today! You don’t need to have legal experience to volunteer!
- Tue Sep 28, 2021 - 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Tue Oct 26, 2021 - 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Tue Nov 16, 2021 - 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Tue Dec 14, 2021 - 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Justice & Diversity Center of the Bar Association of San Francisco
201 Mission St., Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94105, US
The Justice & Diversity Center advances fairness and equality by providing pro bono legal services to low-income people and educational programs that foster diversity in the legal profession.
The Justice & Diversity Center of The Bar Association of San Francisco (JDC) provides pro bono legal and related social services to low-income and homeless San Francisco residents and to nonprofit organizations that serve these communities. We provide these services primarily through the use of volunteer attorneys and non-attorneys. JDC takes a holistic approach to legal services, seeking to address the full range of legal and social services issues that prevent our clients from retaining stability in their lives.
3543 18th StreetSan Francisco, CA 94110
September 14, 2021
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 30-minute consults between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm (depending on volunteer’s availability)
- Must be a proficient speaker with a broad vocabulary who is comfortable asking personal questions about money, spending habits and relationships