Library Gift Shop Treasurer
The Friends Gift Shop is looking for a financially savvy volunteer to serve as Gift Shop Treasurer. The person in this position is responsible for all finances of the Gift Shop and performs the following duties:
- Develops and maintains primary relationships with banks/financial institutions
- Pays all bills/invoices and maintain check distribution log
- Reconciles daily sales and makes weekly deposits
- Provides weekly updates to the Gift Shop buyers on sales activities
- Monitors and maintains money bag for the gift shop volunteers
- Oversees credit card security and processes; monitors fees; addresses discrepancies
- Analyzes the financials monthly to monitor and report the profitability of the shop
- Provides needed information and documents to Friends of the Library Treasurer
- Keeps a monthly ledger
- Pays quarterly sales taxes
- Prepares an annual report for the Board and for taxes
- Maintains record in a secure storage area (on premises)
The Gift Shop Treasure will also be required to attend monthly Gift Shop Board meetings and provide monthly financial reports to the Board.
About FRIENDS OF THE HUNTINGTON BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY
7111 Talbert Avenue, Huntington Beach, CA 92648, US
The Friends of the Huntington Beach Library is a volunteer, member supported, nonprofit organization that raises funds to focus public attention on the library, to enrich the library's collection of books, digital and other resources; and to develop and expand innovative educational programs, library services, and community outreach.
The Friends of the Library (FOTL) was formed in July 1971 as a non-profit organization to help raise funds to purchase items and books not in the library's budget. Volunteers operate the Friends Gift Shop and Used Book Store, coordinate online books sales, marketing, public relations, the quarterly Newsletter, social media posts and produce hospitality programs and special library events.
7111 Talbert AvenueHuntington Beach, CA 92648
September 14, 2021
- Cost Analysis
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment is 12-30 hours per month.