Encore Fellow: Paid Director of Human Resources for Food Forward
Encore.org: Encore Fellowship Opportunity with Food Forward
You are a seasoned professional with a minimum of 20+ years of experience, who is retired or in transition. You want to continue to work and want to do something with meaning. You are ready for a second act for the greater good.
Encore Fellowships are structured programs that place highly-skilled, experienced professionals into social-purpose organizations, where they help nonprofits build capacity, and ultimately, have a greater impact on their communities. Fellows commit to 1,000 hours of work over 6 to 12 months. They are paid a stipend of $20,000 and are integrated into the nonprofit’s leadership team.
About Food Forward
Food Forward fights hunger and prevents food waste by rescuing fresh surplus produce, connecting this abundance with people in need and inspiring others to do the same. The produce is predominantly recovered in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties but reaches those in need in eight Southern California counties via distribution by hundreds of hunger relief agencies across virtually all social service sectors: homeless outreach, domestic violence shelters, street youth homes, veteran services, LGBT teen/adult/senior services, after-school programs, the mentally disabled, low-income college programs, and many more. With the volunteer-power of over 10,000 registered volunteers and a modest staff, they will help feed over 2 million Southern Californians in need this year alone.
Encore Fellow Human Resources: Primary Role and Responsibilities
As a key member of the Management team, the Director of Human Resources will report to the Chief Operating Officer and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the organization. The Encore Fellow will audit current HR practices, improve and implement new HR practices and ensure Food Forward is able to attract, retain and grow top caliber talent.
The Director of Human Resources will also have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all Human Resource related activities for the organization. This will include direct responsibility for
- Human resource policies, programs and practices
- Compensation (payroll)
- Employee Benefits Programs
- Ensure organizational compliance with all local, state and federal requirements
Encore Fellow Human Resources: Key Skills Requirements
- Successful track record (20 years+) in Human resources with broad knowledge of all aspects of field
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Experience in implementing new organizational processes and procedures
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience overseeing an organization’s DEI efforts
- A creative mindset and ability to generate new idea
- Accustomed to prioritizing, executing, and achieving results in lean organizations; always ready to engage and lend a hand where needed
- Thrives in a collaborative and diverse environment
- A belief in the core values of Food Forward
Food Forward is currently working remote 80% of the time with the remaining time in their North Hollywood Offices. The Fellowship can either be 6 months full-time or 12 months part-time
If you are interested in this role or know someone who fits these requirements, please contact Judy Bamberger, Los Angeles Encore Fellows Program Manager by email at email@example.com. For more information about Encore Fellows program visit: https://encore.org/fellowships/
About The Encore Fellowships Network
P.O. Box 29542, The Presidio of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94129, US
Encore.org is building a movement to tap the skills and experience of those in midlife and beyond to improve communities and the world.
About The Encore Fellowships Network
We match skilled, seasoned professionals with social purpose organizations in high-impact, paid transitional assignments.
Encore Fellowships bring new sources of talent to organizations solving critical social problems. In paid, time-limited roles, fellows deliver a high-impact project, learn about social purpose work and develop contacts and resources for the future.
Encore.org is spearheading efforts to engage millions of people in later life as a vital source of talent to benefit society. Our ultimate goal is to create a better future for young people and future generations.
7412 Fulton AvenueLos Angeles, CA 91605
September 14, 2021
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Diversity
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- People 55+
- Background Check
- 1000 hours over the course of a year. Can be full-time for 6 months or part-time over 12.
- 20+ years HR leadership experience