Volunteer Board Member- Director of Development
Atlanta Angels’ mission is to walk alongside children, youth, and families in the foster care community by offering consistent support through intentional giving, relationship building, and mentorship. Board members are passionately committed to making a difference in our community by investing and sharing the responsibility to care for our children in the foster care community.
Board members also have a unique opportunity to take further action by connecting with other dedicated donors, volunteers and creating a community of giving. Additionally, board members will invest time, professional expertise, talent and engage their personal sphere of influence.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strategic and organizational plans
- Oversee financial management of donor funds
- Monitor program goals and outcomes
- Enhance public awareness of mission and programs
- Evaluate performance of Executive Director
- Assess boards performance as a governing body
BOARD MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
- Must be passionate about our mission and programs
- Must know organizational policies and needs
- Must be willing to invest time and professional expertise to grow organization
- Attend monthly board meetings (75% attendance required)
- Attend annual strategic plan and mid-year strategic plan review (100% attendance required)
- Attend all signature events and actively engage attendees
- Commit to one year of service as a board member
- Participate, or act as board liaison, for at least one committee
- Prepare for and actively participate in monthly board meetings
- Read and understand organization’s monthly financial statements
- Read and promptly respond to organization emails and slack messages
- Track and record volunteer hours on a regular basis
- Give a meaningful personal financial donation
- Leverage connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising goals
- Participate in peer to peer fundraising campaigns
- Participate in a Love Box group or serve as a Dare to Dream mentor
- Participate in Angel Alliance and financially support one (or more) child in programs
- Identify prospective individual, business, and corporate donors
- Collaborate with Executive Director to cultivate donor relationships
- Work in partnership with event teams to secure signature event sponsorships
- Support planning of fall giving campaign, including match donation opportunities
- Aid in the development of end of year and special giving initiatives
- Support growth of monthly donor program and peer to peer fundraising initiatives
BOARD MEMBER BENEFITS
- Make a real difference in the lives of children, youth and families in foster care
- Partner with a quality organization and dedicated board ensuring that your gifts, voice, and time are efficiently invested locally
- Gain recognition as a community leader who wants to make a real impact in our region
- Grow personally and professionally through a variety of available volunteer and leadership opportunities
- Meet other philanthropic and community-minded individuals.
Thank you for considering partnering to create sustainable change in the foster care community. Together, we can build a new foster care system centered around
community, empowerment, and hope.
About Atlanta Angels
1072 W. Peachtree St., Atlanta, GA 30357, US
To walk alongside children in the foster care system, as well as their caretakers, by offering consistent support through intentional giving, relationship building, and mentorship.
Atlanta Angels is a foster care non-profit that was created to help empower children and build sustainable foster homes. We are a community of people that walk alongside foster children and their caretakers by offering consistent support through intentional giving, relationship building and mentorship. Our solution to the foster care crisis are the Love Box family support program and Dare to Dream youth mentor programs. Our programs utilize a trauma-informed, wrap-around service model that strengthens relationships between foster families, youth in foster care, and bio families. Our volunteers are everyday people who meet practical needs while spending quality time with the whole family building positive community. They are changing the way kids and parents experience the foster care system. At Atlanta Angels we believe in the power of love and the value of friendship and positive role models for kids and youth in foster care. We want to connect people passionate about making a difference in the foster care community to our most vulnerable children and youth who have experienced neglect and abuse and the selfless parents who care for them.
Multiple locations Alpharetta, GA 30009
September 14, 2021