We Need Your Help! Disaster Health Services Deployment Volunteers Needed
Disaster Health Services Volunteer is a temporary position assigned to work in person before, during, and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. Volunteers in this role provide assistance and healthcare to shelter residents as needed.
- Provide hands-on care for shelter clients to include but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, assistance with functional needs.
- Provide health education, health assessments, and determination if a higher level of care is needed.
- Assist clients to replace medications, durable medical equipment, or consumable medical supplies.
- Advocate for client needs with Disaster Health Services supervisor.
- Support maternal and child needs as necessary.
- Complete required virtual self-paced training for the position (4 hours total)
Local: Multiple 4-, 6- or 12-hour shifts
Beyond region: Minimum of 14 days working 8- or 12-hour shifts
You can also apply directly to the link below:
About American Red Cross - Illinois Region
Illinois Region, Illinois Region, Chicago, IL 60612, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Elgin, IL 60120
September 14, 2021
- Mental Health
- First Aid / CPR
- Disaster Cleanup
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Search & Rescue
- Disaster Response
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A mandatory 2-week (14 days) commitment for deployment.