DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Join the Red Cross Disaster Action Team!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross Central California Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Disaster Action Team volunteers help local families cope with emergencies.
The Red Cross responds to a disaster every eight minutes; house fires are usually the major perpetrators of those emergencies. The Red Cross is looking for passionate individuals to become Disaster Action Team (DAT) volunteers.
Red Cross DAT members are second responders who provide food, shelter, and comfort to individuals who have been affected by home fires and other disasters. DAT responders come to the scene after the fire department, and only provide assistance if agreed to by the affected family.
DAT members are needed throughout Tulare & Kings counties today!
- Availability to be "on-call" for three (3) 12-hour shifts a week. If you are called, a call is about 2 hours.
- Shifts run 7am-7pm (day team) and 7pm-7am (night team)
- Volunteers always work in teams of 2 or more
When on-call, you can continue regular activities, but must be ready to respond within an hour if called.
Caseworkers are also needed to provide follow-up assistance to clients, helping them get back on their feet and connected with local resources.
Ready to Make a Difference? Here's How to Get Started!
- Go to redcross.org/volunteer to complete our online application. It takes less than 10 minutes!
- A member of our team will quickly get in touch. Taking the time for a personal conversation enables us to match you with a role that will be both meaningful and enjoyable.
- We’ll provide all necessary training to ensure you can be successful in your volunteer role.
50 More opportunities with American Red Cross Central California Region6 Reviews
About American Red Cross Central California Region
1300 W. Shaw Ave., Ste. 4B, Fresno, CA 93711, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Types of volunteer opportunities may include:
Boots on the Ground -- Your role could be to respond to home fires and other emergencies in your community, conduct in-home smoke alarm installations, or working in a wildfire shelter providing safe accommodations.
Instructor/Presenter positions to deliver education programs focused on preparedness, disasters and how to "Be Red Cross Ready" to adults and youth.
Working behind the Scenes positions include Keep the Red Cross Running -- Your role could be administrative/office support, scheduling shifts for your fellow volunteers, or logistics management to ensure disaster relief operations have the necessary supplies and equipment.
Lead the Way -- "Leadership" volunteers guide our efforts, inspire our volunteers and hold us accountable to the highest standards. Your role could be to lead a small team of fellow volunteers, act as an advisor to a Red Cross Club for youth, or support local Red Cross services by joining an advisory board or the Board of Directors.
Tell the Red Cross Story -- Communications & Outreach volunteers educate the public about Red Cross services and stories in your community. By getting our message out, you'll educate people in need about how we can help, while attracting volunteers and donors to the mission.
You can make a difference today at by becoming a volunteer at redcross.org/volunteer
11731 Hanford Armona RdHanford, CA 93230
May 5, 2022
- Mental Health
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Willing to work one on-call shift a week, attend monthly volunteer meetings, and complete pre-requisite online training (7 hours)
- * Willing to complete Disaster Services Training, Psychological First Aid, and a "virtual ride-a-long" * Able to respond reliably when scheduled to be on call * Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get