DONATE TO THIS
33 people are interested
Nurturing Change Board Member
ORGANIZATION: Nurturing Change
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
33 people are interested
If you have a heart for bringing healing transformation to kids and families who have experienced trauma AND the thought of playing a crucial role in building something great from the ground up appeals to you, we would love to meet you!
Nurturing Change is a new Austin nonprofit (Less than 2 years old) that provides trauma-informed care (Trust-Based Relational Intervention, or TBRI ) training classes, coaching, and resources to biological, kinship, foster, and adoptive parents, as well as professionals (social service agencies, churches, schools) who serve these families. We endeavor to restore families... preventing foster care placement disruptions, failed adoptions, and child removals by bringing emotional healing and behavioral transformation to kids impacted by trauma.
During the last 21 months, we have worked on laying the infrastructure for our present and future programs. In addition to releasing original trauma-informed resources through our social media channels three times weekly, we host monthly TBRI gatherings/trainings for professionals all across the country who serve kids and families. We also offer TBRI training classes for organizations and are in process of laying the groundwork to offer TBRI training classes and coaching to families.
Interest in our services has been expressed by social service and juvenile justice professionals across the state of Texas. We are presently seeking to expand our board from our founding board of four, to increase our partnerships within the community.
Nurturing Change board members:
- Establish the mission, vision, strategies, policies, and values of the organization
- Approve Nurturing Change’s programs and services, ensure they are consistent with the mission, and monitor their effectiveness
- Participate in strategic and organizational planning
- Provide oversight to the Executive Director (select, hire, support, and evaluate)
- Enhance the organization’s public standing (clearly articulate mission, accomplishments, needs, services, and goals to the public and garner support from the community through advocacy)
- Secure adequate resources for the organization to fulfill its mission (give a meaningful financial donation each year and encourage others to give)
- Ensure strong fiduciary oversight and financial management (read and understand financial statements, help develop annual budget, and ensure proper financial controls are in place)
- Fulfill legal duties (ensure adherence to legal standards, organizational policies, and ethical norms)
- Build a competent board (articulate prerequisites, identify and orient new members, engage in board development and evaluation)
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings and committees, as needed
- Contribute meaningful time each month, helping to develop the infrastructure of the organization until paid staff can be hired
- Make at least one personal financial donation each year to the organization to the extent that they are able
- Serve as an active advocate and ambassador for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Nurturing Change to advance its mission
- Help identify personal connections and networks that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing and influence public policy
***Note: This volunteer opportunity is to serve on our governing board, which fulfills the above responsibilities. If you are interested in other volunteer opportunities other than board membership, please visit our website at www.nurturing-change.org/volunteer to view available opportunities and to complete our volunteer application.
About Nurturing Change
P.O. Box 81026, Austin, TX 78708, US
The mission of Nurturing Change is to empower caregivers with insight and proficiency in trauma-informed care, in order to provide emotional healing and behavioral transformation to kids. Nurturing Change works to fulfill this mission through 3 strategies: 1. Provide trauma-informed care training to biological, kinship, foster, and adoptive parents, educators, and organizations 2. Provide trauma-informed coaching and consulting to parents and educators 3. Provide trauma-informed support services and resources (The primary trauma intervention presented during training and coaching sessions will be Trust-Based Relational Intervention, or TBRI.)
Since the incorporation of Nurturing Change in September 2020, we have established our founding leadership team, 501(c)(3) status, fiscal policies, accounting and donor management systems, debuted our website, created a marketing plan, launched a successful initial fundraising campaign, and cultivated relationships with community stakeholders.
We are presently working to establish our client intake and case management system, develop and implement our annual fundraising plan, and expand/implement our marketing plan. We are seeking to expand our donor, leadership, and volunteer base, consisting of people with a variety of skills and interests, so we may begin offering services to kids and families in the coming months.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 23, 2022
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Resource Development / Management
- Orientation or Training
- Around 10 hours per month, including a 3 hour board meeting each month and time spent on community engagement/fundraising.