1 person is interested
Fundraising Chair- Local Leadership Board Arthritis Foundation Florida
1 person is interested
POSITION TITLE: Fundraising Chair, Tampa Local Leadership Board
STAFF PARTNER: Executive Director
TERM: One-year term; renewable for two additional terms
Arthritis affects 1 in 3 Floridians and 300,000 children in the United States. Our team of dedicated professionals and volunteers are leading the fight for the arthritis community and helping to conquer everyday battles through life-changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science, and building community connections.
- Responsible for working with staff and volunteers to achieve annual fundraising goals for the local market area.
- Ensure implementation of the Arthritis Foundation strategic plan by partnering with board members and committee chairs on their assigned activities.
- Recruit sponsors, teams and individuals to financially support key fundraising events.
- Support the Foundation’s mission and fundraising activities by opening doors within your sphere of influence to individuals, companies and organizations.
- Identify individuals, foundations and corporations who can support the Arthritis Foundation with cash or in-kind support.
- Act responsibly, ethically and in good faith on behalf of the Arthritis.
- Represent the Arthritis Foundation at official functions in the community and through social media.
- Serve as an e-Advocate.
- Attend a minimum 75% of the Leadership Board’s meetings (quarterly meetings), including strategic planning sessions, such as an annual Leadership Board Retreat.
- Actively participate in at least one special event annually (Walk to Cure Arthritis, Jingle Bell Run or other special events). Examples include: Forming a team, securing new corporate sponsor(s), and/or securing new teams.
- In coordination with Leadership Board Volunteer Engagement Committee and staff partner, identify, cultivate and recruit high-impact volunteer leaders for key positions on the Leadership Board, standing committees and Volunteer Leadership for events.
- Ensure the Arthritis Foundation fulfills its commitment to diverse volunteer leadership that reflects the communities served.
Training and Support Opportunities
- Arthritis Foundation Orientation
- Leadership Board Webinars/Topical Calls
- Arthritis Foundation Annual Live Yes! Conference of Champions
- Ongoing at regular meetings
- Conduct an annual self-assessment
- Extensive professional experience and accomplishments in their career and volunteer leadership in the community.
- Commitment to and understanding of the mission and vision of the Arthritis Foundation.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and passion for improving the lives of people with arthritis.
- Natural affinity for cultivating relationships, working with diverse individuals and influencing others.
About Arthritis Foundation
9500 Koger Blvd N, Suite #102, St Petersburg, FL 33702, US
The mission of the Arthritis Foundation is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases.
The Arthritis Foundation is the only national not-for-profit organization that supports the more than 100 types of arthritis and related conditions. Founded in 1948, with headquarters in Atlanta, the Arthritis Foundation has multiple service points located throughout the country. The Arthritis Foundation is the largest private, not-for-profit contributor to arthritis research in the world, funding more than $380 million in research grants since 1948. The foundation helps people take control of arthritis by providing public health education; pursuing public policy and legislation; and conducting evidence-based programs to improve the quality of life for those living with arthritis.
9500 Koger Blvd. NSuite #102Saint Petersburg, FL 33702
September 13, 2021
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building