GRCB Outreach Team Volunteer - Help Build Supportive Community
Do you excel at interpersonal connections? Is talking to new people and forging relationships what you thrive on? Do you think people in your neighborhood or community would benefit from GRCB’s mission of empowerment and confidence? If you can answer yes to any of these questions, you’d probably enjoy being on the GRCB Outreach Team. Together we’ll work to build connections and relationships all across the Boston area in order to bring the mission of GRCB to more people. We’ll do this through intentional community participation and engagement.
Ideal candidates for this role have strong ties to their own neighborhoods and communities and can utilize those to help GRCB make meaningful connections. A passion for empowering girls and gender-expansive youth and spreading that to new communities is a must!
- Work collaboratively with members of the Outreach team to identify opportunities/events where GRCB can build relationships.
- Help plan tabling activities/engagement strategies.
- Be the face of GRCB at regular community events.
- Devise and implement other methods of outreach. How do people interact and communicate in your community?
- Help foster new relationships between GRCB and community partners.
- Meet 3-5 times a year with the Outreach Team and the Operations Coordinator virtually or in person when conditions permit.
- Year-round participation in identifying outreach opportunities, and attendance at events as a representative of GRCB based on your availability and capacity .
- Outgoing and comfortable speaking confidently with new people.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Knowledge of GRCB and its mission. Past experience as a participant, volunteer, or participant guardian is a big plus!
- Strong community ties.
Support: Onboarding will include an orientation to GRCB and to the Outreach Team, as well as group training in effective community outreach. GRCB is committed to providing ongoing training and support needed to help volunteers be successful in their roles.
The Outreach Team is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable community building experience while helping the organization increase our ability to impact girls, women and youth and adults with marginalized gender identities! As a volunteer in this role, you will have opportunities to strengthen your communication and relationship building skills while having access to ongoing GRCB training opportunities.Apply at link below:
About GIRLS ROCK CAMPAIGN BOSTON
PO Boc 301526, JAMAICA PLAIN, MA 02130, US
Girls Rock Campaign Boston empowers girls, women, and youth and adults with marginalized gender identities to believe in themselves by building a supportive community that fosters self-expression, confidence, and collaboration through musical education and performance.
Girls Rock Campaign Boston (GRCB) works to eradicate all the limiting myths about music and gender by helping girls, women, and youth and adults with marginalized gender identities speak up, sing out, and make a lot of noise!
GRCB is a volunteer-driven music education and mentorship organization that offers innovative and transformative programming to over 230 girls and youth with marginalized gender identities, ages 8 to 17, in the Boston area each year.
We believe that in order to become leaders in a world that frequently minimizes the voices of youth with marginalized gender identities, these youth deserve to learn, create, and grow in an environment full of positive, reflective, mentors to encourage a healthy sense of self and inspire creativity.
By connecting youth with positive role models, GRCB counters the myriad overt and subtle gendered messages about career and social expectations that youth absorb. GRCB’s programs allow youth to experience something bold and new while receiving unconditional support along the way. Immersed in an inclusive community of peers and mentors, they are encouraged to use their voices, take risks that they may have avoided in other environments, and build their resilience.
Multiple locations Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
September 13, 2021
- Music Arts
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 19
- Meet 3-5 times a year with the Outreach Team and the Operations Coordinator virtually or in person when conditions permit. Year-round participation in identifying outreach opportunities, and attending events as a reps of GRCB based on availability.