The Vigil Team steps in to provide comfort in the last hours, simply by being present, playing music or reading. Once the clinical staff has ensured that patients are comfortable, volunteers are the caring, compassionate companions who offer extra support to patients and their families.
Our current team of Vigil Volunteers share their stories of spending a few hours with patients who are near death. The Vigil experience is a calm and peaceful one that brings comfort to families and patients (especially those who have no family).
To learn more about the Vigil Volunteer Team, plan to attend an orientation. Email or call for more information.
Kindred Hospice provides care to hospice patients throughout Central Ohio.
- Music Therapy
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-6 hours/month as needed
- Orientation - offered monthly
- Build your resume through...
- Vigil Volunteer...
- Organized? Dependable?...
- READ to hospice patients
- SEWING PROJECTS - Comfort Items...
- Therapy Dogs in Central Ohio
- 11th Hour Vigil Volunteers
- CAKES, COOKIES & COMPANIONSHIP
- [JASON] KINDRED HOSPICE-...
- YOU & YOUR PET - team up & visit...
- "TUCK-IN" Phone Calls for Hospice
- Handmade projects to comfort...
- Veterans visiting Veterans