No patient dies alone. At the heart of hospice is the belief that every patient will have a caring, supportive person at his/her side at the time of death.
The Vigil Team steps in to provide comfort in the last hours, simply by being present, playing music or reading. Once the clinical staff has ensured that patients are comfortable, volunteers are the caring, compassionate companions who offer extra support to patients and their families.
Our current team of Vigil Volunteers will share their stories of spending a few hours with patients who are near death. The Vigil experience is a calm and peaceful one that brings comfort to families and patients (especially those who have no family).
To learn more about the Vigil Volunteer Team, plan to attend an orientation. Email or call for more information.
Kindred at Home Hospice provides care to hospice patients throughout Central Ohio.
- Music Therapy
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-6 hours/month as needed
- Orientation - offered monthly
- Build your resume through...
- Vigil Volunteer...
- Organized? Dependable?...
- READ to hospice patients
- SEWING - EASY SEWING PROJECTS...
- Bereavement Support Volunteer
- Therapy Dogs in Central Ohio
- Birthday Cake Bakers
- 11th Hour Vigil Volunteers
- Mailings and filing -...
- Cakes, cookies & companionship
- [JASON] KINDRED HOSPICE-...
- YOU & YOUR PET - visit patients!
- Handmade projects to comfort...
- Veterans visiting Veterans
- Birthday Cake & Cookie Bakers...