Director of DEI
Homoglobin is a nonprofit social welfare organization aiming to achieve equality for the LGBTQ+ community in education and healthcare. Currently, many gay and bisexual people aren’t allowed to donate blood, and our nation’s public-school system still routinely undervalues or even ignores issues regarding the community, whether it’s history or family life education.
Our organization is lobbying policymakers and educating the public on these issues, and we are asking for help from people like you. If you’ve got a tight schedule, you may consider donating instead! Visit us at homoglobin.org for more information.
The Director of DEI is charged with creating, overseeing, and fine-tuning Homoglobin's diversity, equity, and inclusion processes and procedures, both internally and externally, to ensure the organization is operating in the most optimal way possible for all; focus on leading our youth-led movement to advance LGBTQ+ equity in the United States; ensure that legislative, judicial, and community based advocacy is centered around empowering LGBTQ-identifying folks to claim their power in all spaces.
- Developing relevant company HR/DEI policies, including (but not limited to):
- EEO Policy
- Anti-Discrimination Policy
- Anti-Harassment Policy
- Conducting trainings to ensure all Homoglobin employees are aware of aforementioned policies, procedures, and proper terminology.
- Ensuring that Homoglobin’s recruitment efforts are centered around equity, encouraging members of disaffected communities to apply for positions at all levels and working with the recruitment team to ensure verbiage is inclusive and encourages all to apply.
- Collaborating with the Director of Staff Engagement in managing the Recruitment Coordinator and Retention Coordinator.
- Creating and maintaining affinity groups and/or committees within Homoglobin to celebrate our backgrounds and ensure that our company is developing legislation and policies that reflect an understanding of the unique challenges each community faces.
- Education or professional background in Human Resources is a big plus
- Ability to mitigate issues between people, ensuring staff are heard, supported, and cared for
- Experience with recruitment processes, or willingness to learn
- Great with organization, especially within email and spreadsheets
- Time availability to assist with recruitment as interested parties come in, and oversee a couple staff members in their positions
- Personable and professional in communication
- Interest in, excitement towards, and knowledge or the various facets of Homoglobin and the LGBTQ+ community
8023 WASHINGTON RD, ALEXANDRIA, VA 22308, US
The FDA says sexually active men who have sex with men (MSM)--along with anyone who has sex with MSM--must abstain from sex for 3 months in order to donate blood. This is essentially a blanket ban on all gay, bisexual, and queer people with penises, which doesn’t take into account the fact that the LGBTQ+ community is comprised of millions of wildly different people, each with their own sexual practices. Changing this policy is just one of many steps our country and government must take in order to combat stigma and discrimination against the LGBTQ+ community, and we here at Homoglobin are fighting for that change.
National Single - Payer Healthcare
Easily Accessible Trans/GNC Healthcare
Reinstate Protections for Trans/GNC people in Healthcare
Improved STI Testing Methods & Availabilty
LGBTQ-Inclusive Sex Ed
Ban Conversion Therapy
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 12, 2021
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Diversity
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Resource Development / Management
- People Skills
- 5-10 hours weekly