Director of Staff Engagement
Homoglobin is a nonprofit social welfare organization aiming to achieve equality for the LGBTQ+ community in education and healthcare. Currently, many gay and bisexual people aren’t allowed to donate blood, and our nation’s public-school system still routinely undervalues or even ignores issues regarding the community, whether it’s history or family life education.
Our organization is lobbying policymakers and educating the public on these issues, and we are asking for help from people like you. If you’ve got a tight schedule, you may consider donating instead! Visit us at homoglobin.org for more information.
The Director of Staff Engagement is charged with ensuring our recruitment processes are equitable and inclusive to all, allowing for a diverse team, and ensuring all staff members feel supported and have the tools to be successful in their positions within Homoglobin.
- Engaging with staff to maintain a constant understanding of staff thoughts, feelings, and ideas within Homoglobin
- Collaborating with the Director of DEI to manage the Recruitment Coordinator and the Retention Coordinator
- Remedying staff needs or issues, whether with staff members individually, or with teams and supervisors
- Researching ways Homoglobin can better serve their staff for both efficiency, but also for the quality of staff working experiences
- Education or professional background in Human Resources is a big plus
- Ability to mitigate issues between people, ensuring staff are heard, supported, and cared for
- Experience with recruitment processes, or willingness to learn
- Great with organization, especially within email and spreadsheets
- Time availability to assist with recruitment as interested parties come in, and oversee a couple staff members in their positions
- Personable and professional in communication
- Interest in and excitement towards Homoglobin and the LGBTQ+ community
8023 WASHINGTON RD, ALEXANDRIA, VA 22308, US
The FDA says sexually active men who have sex with men (MSM)--along with anyone who has sex with MSM--must abstain from sex for 3 months in order to donate blood. This is essentially a blanket ban on all gay, bisexual, and queer people with penises, which doesn’t take into account the fact that the LGBTQ+ community is comprised of millions of wildly different people, each with their own sexual practices. Changing this policy is just one of many steps our country and government must take in order to combat stigma and discrimination against the LGBTQ+ community, and we here at Homoglobin are fighting for that change.
National Single - Payer Healthcare
Easily Accessible Trans/GNC Healthcare
Reinstate Protections for Trans/GNC people in Healthcare
Improved STI Testing Methods & Availabilty
LGBTQ-Inclusive Sex Ed
Ban Conversion Therapy
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 12, 2021
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Group Facilitation
- Resource Development / Management
- People Skills
- 5-10 hours weekly