Join our team to help us save the lives of cats and kittens! The Adoption Counselor will help us select the best forever home possible for each of our available cats and kittens so we can continue rescuing and placing more cats and kittens. Training will be provided by current Adoption Counselors.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Log application or appointment request into a shared spreadsheet.
- Review application and contact applicant to schedule an interview.
- Request a copy of their lease or rental agreement (if leasing/renting) to ensure they are allowed to have pets.
- A key part of the interview is counseling applicants on how to introduce new pets to existing pets, introducing adoptees to a new home environment, what to expect when bringing a new pet home - all of which is essential for setting up the adoption for success.
- Provide recommendation to approve or disapprove the application and adoption to the rest of the Adoption Team for review and ultimate decision of approval or denial.
- Work with the Adoption and Foster Managers to arrange transfer of the cat, medical documents, microchip, and adoption packet.
- Ensure receipt of Adoption Agreement and adoption fee payment.
- Attend PZF Orientation and Trainings.
- Time commitment is 15-20 hours/month but may fluctuate based on the number of cats in care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with clarity, brevity, friendliness, and respect.
- Demonstrated ability to ask questions and relay information with ease. Ability to ask sometimes uncomfortable questions, depending on the application or where the conversation goes.
- Ability and willingness to educate others on cat care such as food, equipment, why declawing is bad, indoor only requirement, etc.
- Demonstrated responsiveness and being reliable. Able to respond to new adoption applications within 72 hours.
- Possess computer and mobile phone access.
- Familiarity with Excel and Google Drive or ability to learn.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines.
- Essential impact in saving more cats and kittens.
- Satisfaction of helping cats and kittens get to their forever homes.
- Experience in vetting adoption applications.
- Participating as a team player in a meaningful mission.
About PETER ZIPPI MEMORIAL FUND INC
1560 PACIFIC COAST HWY, HERMOSA BEACH, CA 90254, US
Network to end homeless pets through the intake and safe placement of cats and kittens and the provision of financial aid to community members for spay and neuter of any companion animal species.
We are an almost all volunteer based cat rescue group using high school and adult volunteers. We are located in Hermosa Beach, CA and work out of a VCA Coast Animal Hospital where we have 3 areas to keep our cats/kittens. We do adoptions after pulling cats/kittens from the city shelters. These are done at our location or we have various off site adoption events. We support local trappers providing spay neuter vouchers to them to fix the cats they trap. We also support the community by providing vouchers for their pets.
VCA Coast Animal Hospital1560 Pacific Coast HighwayHermosa Beach, CA 90254
September 11, 2021
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours per month