Disaster Health Services Volunteer- Urgent Need ( Randolph County)
Due to the current active hurricane and wildfire seasons, the American Red Cross continues to need volunteers to care for people in communities that have been struck by disaster. The Red Cross has an urgent need for Health Professional volunteers to support disaster relief efforts during the current hurricane and wildfire season as well as throughout the year.
Please consider joining us NOW - and get fully trained - before disasters strike.
Health Services Associates duties/requirements include:
- Working in in alignment with your licensure to assist clients before, during, and/or after a disaster.
- Providing excellent compassionate customer service while observing all safety protocols in a COVID environment including wearing a mask in a shelter environment (regardless of vaccination status).
- Providing hands-on healthcare including assistance with daily living and functional needs.
- Helping to replace medications, durable equipment, and consumable supplies.
- Health Care volunteers are needed both throughout the year support Red Cross teams responding to local disasters such as home fires, floods, and tornados - as well as temporarily during busy hurricane and wildfire season to support Red Cross Shelter client needs.
About American Red Cross
690 Coliseum Dr NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27106, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the American Red Cross to support its mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering. There are many ways you can volunteer in your local community, and we are always looking for people with various backgrounds, talents and skill levels . We have diverse volunteer opportunities in Blood Services, Disaster Services, Service to the Armed Forces, Communications, and Volunteer Services.
The Community of Randolph CountyAsheboro, NC 27203
September 11, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Customer Service
- Patient Care
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Varies by time of year, size, and scope of the disaster operation. Year-Round Healthcare Volunteer Local: Minimum of 5 days working 4-, 6- or 12-hour shifts. Beyond Region: Minimum of 14 days working between 8 or 12 hours shifts.
- Requirements: Active and unencumbered licensure as a RN/LPN/LVN/APN, NP, MD, DO, PA, EMT, or Paramedic, strong relationship building and communications skills along with availability to complete self-paced online training.