3 people are interested
Legacy Corps for Veterans and Military Families
ORGANIZATION: Covenant Care - Pensacola
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Join a network of 1M+ individuals who have made a difference in their communities across the country!
Legacy Corps is an AmeriCorps project and was developed in order to decrease caregiver burden and stress, and increase the potential of the caregiver to sustain loved ones at home.
- Become a member of a highly trained cohesive team.
- Receive a living allowance.
- Opportunity to earn an educational award (members 55+ may gift award to a child or grandchild).
- Develop vital work skills, receive ongoing training, and continuous support that will result in success.
- Create meaningful life-long relationships while serving in your community.
- 8-10 hours per week per service term (September through August).
- Friendly visits to the same families each week (Members do not assist with personal care, feeding, medications, heavy lifting or transferring individuals).
- Recreational activities, errands, light housekeeping, light meal preparation, etc., depending on individual need(s).
- Attend monthly trainings
- Participate in AmeriCorps' Annual National Day of Service
About Covenant Care - Pensacola
6300 N. Davis Hwy, Pensacola, FL 32504, US
A not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing comprehensive, compassionate, services to patients and loved ones during times of life-limiting illnesses. Since dying is a part of the normal process of life, the focus of Covenant Care is to enable our patients to live as fully and comfortably as possible, to provide dignified palliative care, to assist patients' loved ones in coping with end-of-life issues and the eventual death of the patient, and to improve care for all patients at the end of their life by example and education. Covenant Care exists in the hope and belief that through appropriate care, education, and the promotion of a supportive community sensitive to the needs of persons facing the end of life, patients and their loved ones may be able to obtain physical, mental, and spiritual preparation for the end of life, bereavement and renewal.
Non profit Org assisting patients and families with life- limiting illnesses
Multiple locations Pensacola, FL 32504
August 29, 2022
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Veteran or immediate relative of a veteran, high school diploma/GED, pass multi-level background checks, reliable transportation, availability of 2-3 days/wk, U.S. Citizen or lawful resident, auto insurance.