Director of Development
About OneAccord Human Services Group:
Our mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in how we encourage and mentor people along their personal journeys of renewal & re-entry. Helping to nurture within hearts and minds, a strong sense of belonging, worthiness, and competence for the benefit of all. Under our three main pillars of Employment, Housing, and Counseling we offer a comprehensive network of opportunity resources, which act in one accord to inspire and motivate those desiring hope and change.
About this position:
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic director of development to secure financial support for our organization. The director of development will set and achieve fundraising goals, maintain knowledge of fundraisers' interests, and cultivate relationships with fellow employees and volunteers. You will be an active participant in fundraising events, undertake vision trips, and maintain a social media presence.
The successful applicant will build lasting relationships with donors and keep them informed on how their financial input is making the world a better place. Preferred candidates will be self-motived, deadline-driven multitaskers. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Follow Jesus Christ in individual and organizational life. Adhere to organization’s statement of faith (the Apostle’s Creed).
The Development Director works in direct partnership with the Executive Director. Their partnership supports the Board of Directors and staff in achieving financial and strategic goals that sustain the organization into the future. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the financial and community needs of the organization and be able to participate in acquiring resources, communicating with the public, and strategizing on next steps. The candidate will be able to lead both external development and internal management to develop capacity for OneAccord HSG as it expands. A successful Development Director will have the ability to work both independently, juggle multiple projects, and support a collaborative staff culture.Director of Development Responsibilities:
The Development Director organizes large-scale fundraising initiatives, works with board members, identifies & writes grants, manages the annual fund, builds relationships with donors together with the Executive Director, identifies and cultivates relationships with prospective major gift donors, grows small donors, oversees in-kind donations, manages donor database, and works with the volunteer coordinator to support volunteer management.
Essential Functions Performed:
- Collaborating with the board of directors to create and implement a fundraising plan.
- Collaborating with the communications team to develop a digital fundraising strategy.
- Plans major giving programs.
- Research major gift donor prospects.
- Works with Executive Director to grow relationships with major gift donors.
- Develops donor solicitation strategy for major gift prospects.
- Designs and operates donor stewardship programs.
- Managing the implementation of development software.
- Tracks and assesses major gift fundraising metrics.
- Identifies and stewards’ prospective donors.
- Works with fundraising volunteer advisors.
- Creates major gift proposal documents.
- Utilizes major giving fundraising and marketing tools, including on-line tools.
- Researches and writes grants.
- Plans and implements Small, medium & large fundraising events.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. CFRE a plus.
- More than five years of nonprofit high-capacity donor activity and success in generating revenue in the high 5, 6, and 7 figure range.
- More than five years of direct or matrix supervisory responsibility.
- More than five years of volunteer team recruitment, development, retention, and stewardship experience.
- Team player who can interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Familiarity with volunteer/staff partnerships in achieving desired outcomes.
- Capability to leverage relationships and negotiate agreements.
- Exceptional management, leadership, and team-building skills.
- Superior active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills.
- Exercises sound judgement on a consistent basis.
- Solid understanding of budgets and profit and loss statements.
- Understanding of computer systems and databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) donor management software.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills. Ability for presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing effectively.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional overnight travel for meetings.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed without issue.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous.
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity.
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in medium to high-pressure.
About OneAccord Human Services Group
3206 50th Street Ct NW, Suite 226, Gig Harbor, WA 98335, US
Our mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in how we encourage and mentor people along their personal journeys of renewal & re-entry. Helping to nurture within hearts and minds, a strong sense of belonging, worthiness, and competence for the benefit of all. Under our three main pillars of Employment, Housing, and Counseling we [will] offer a comprehensive network of opportunity resources, which act in one accord to inspire and motivate those desiring hope and change.
3 Pillars of OneAccord Human Services Group:
- Employment - Help to gain meaningful employment and discover rewarding careers.
- Housing & Shelter - Provide access to short and long-term shelter and housing options.
- Counseling - Establishing an abundant and rich tapestry of individual and group-centric counselors and counselling programs.
3206 50th Street Ct NW, Suite 226Gig Harbor, WA 98335
September 13, 2021