2 people are interested
2 people are interested
Are you seeking to make a difference by contributing your professional skills and
knowledge to an organization that saves the lives of the helpless?
Since its inception in October 2003, Small Angels Rescue, Inc. has saved over 4,000 guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and gerbils from euthanasia, abuse, and abandonment. We are a young, growing organization that serves an area of desperate need in the community.
Small Angels Rescue is an all-volunteer, registered 501(c)3 nonprofit.
We are seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to be responsible for assessing, informing and coordinating the volunteer requirements of our organization. This includes; selection, induction, training, rewarding and recognizing the organization’s volunteers.
We need someone who is in, or around the DC/MD/VA area and has professional experience in Human Resources. You will report to the Board and work alongside Board members.
Here is what the position entails:
- Actively recruiting new volunteers through online sources such as VolunteerMatch.org and Idealist.org and keeping opportunities updated according to needs.
- Seeking volunteers from the community via outreach to local colleges/professional organizations/other non-profits.
- Maintaining records of applicants during the recruitment process.
- Communicating with candidates and board members via email and phone as required.
- Assisting in retaining volunteers by ensuring there is appropriate support and training;including regular outreach to volunteers and maintenance of records.
- Participating in interviews (phone/Zoom/in-person) as needed.
- Obtaining references and background checks for candidates.
- Participating in volunteer orientation including completion of documentation.
- Conducting exit interviews with volunteers.
- Preparing monthly updates for BOD Meetings and participating in annual Strategic Planning Meetings.
- Other tasks as needed.
Training on organizational processes and expectations will be provided. This position is best suited for someone who can offer approximately 1-5 hours per week.
If you are ready to help us as Volunteer Coordinator, please email your resume to
Volunteer@SmallAngelsRescue.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
About Small Angels Rescue, Inc.
N/A, Frederick, MD 21702, US
The mission of Small Angels Rescue Inc. is to rescue rehabilitate and rehome gerbils, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice and rats. These animals are worthy of respectful and compassionate treatment. We advocate and facilitate responsible animal care and companionship.
Small Angels Rescue is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, no-kill, all-volunteer organization based in Frederick, MD. Small Angels works with animal shelters and adopters throughout the greater Washington, D.C., metropolitan region and in neighboring states such as Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia. Small Angels works primarily with kill or open admission shelters where the animals could be euthanized. We use a network of foster homes to care for the animals until they find their adoptive homes. Small Angels has no paid staff or physical shelter; we are all volunteers who dedicate our time to answering adoption inquiries, assisting adopters, arranging transportation from shelters, working with foster families, caring for foster animals, arranging vet care, educating the public, and running the organization all from our homes.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 9, 2021
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Background Check
- 1 - 5 hours per week