Lead React Developer For Web App (BaseCamp Project)
About The Project
Our goal is to design a platform that brings together all the different tools necessary to deliver an engaging, memorable, unique, educational experience. These tools will be geared towards technology and programming content.
In addition, this project aims to provide a place for junior developers to explore, implement, and share their knowledge with the platform community.
Further, in order to achieve our primary goals, we believe that the platform should include various gamification aspects, achievements, and a sense of progression and accomplishments.
About The Role
- Develop frontend codebase in line with React best practices and architecture style.
- Given UI/UX wireframes, be able to bring them to life in support of the product vision.
- Be able to collaborate and work closely with other developers and the team to produce full-stack feature implementations.
- Have many years of professional quality experience in your domain.
- Have worked on many projects in your domain.
- Have vast knowledge and proficiency in your domain.
- Understand all of the different components that complete a project/product in your domain, probably have experience with different types of implementations for each component, and the ability to compare advantages and disadvantages.
- Must own the success and assist in the review of deliverables in your domain.
- Must be a champion of best practices, tools, and workflows; from both a process and implementation perspective, and be willing to enforce them.
- Must assist Mid-level and Senior members of your domain in understanding their role, tasks, and requirements of deliverables.
- Must be able to understand the vision of the project/product at a high level and be able to develop and implement a maintainable, flexible, and extendable product.
- Must be willing to work closely with the Project Manager, Product Owner, and other Leads to bring platform functionality to life.
- Be willing to assist with review of deliverables related to your domain.
- Are very proficient with the soft skills required of leadership positions; communication, delegation, mentoring, empathy, etc.
- Can commit 10+ hours/week
About The Organization
Dev Launchers is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to preparing people from diverse backgrounds to tackle future-proof careers. We are made up of people just like you .
Dev Launchers facilitates ambitious open-source software projects, along with other projects centered around communities and products. We use those same projects to train our members in skills in the realm of software, leadership, community management, product development, marketing, and anything else that may be required to launch real-world products.We are dedicated to preparing our members for success!
About DEV LAUNCHERS
N/A, AUSTIN, TX 78741, US
To bridge opportunity gaps through technology and education.
Dev Launchers is a nonprofit organization focused on helping people from diverse communities get involved in the tech industry!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 22, 2021
- Website Programming
- Website Project Management
- Web Design
- Web Design / UX
- Mobile Programming
- Software Development
- Must be at least 16
- 5-10+ hours/week