8 people are interested
Ecuador Community Projects Member
8 people are interested
Do you want to make a difference for our planet and get hands-on work experience at an international conservation NGO? Rainforest Partnership (RP) is a non-profit based in Austin, Texas, with team members in the US, Peru, Ecuador, and Mexico. We conserve and restore tropical rainforests by working with communities to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
RP is currently looking for a Ecuador Project Volunteer or Intern to support our external communications and projects on the ground with a possibility to work directly with the Ecuador team. These two individuals will work to strengthen Rainforest Partnership’s impact around the world.
If requested, this position may be claimed for internship class credit but is unpaid. The expected time commitment is 10-20 hours per week. For the foreseeable future, this position will be remote. RP uses collaborative tools, platforms and systems to be highly productive and effective.
The ideal candidate will share in Rainforest Partnership’s core values, which include:
- Entrepreneurial : resourceful, innovative, and action oriented.
- Efficient : organized and process/procedure driven.
- Empathetic : respect and understanding toward others’ perspectives.
- Authentic : genuine and self-aware.
- Positive : focused on moving us toward desired results.
- Coordinate small scale projects that support one of our community partners in the Amazon
- Engaging donors or potential donors
- Writing emails or letters
- Organizing spreadsheets and creating systems
- Using creativity and outreach to strengthen and expand projects - Adopt a Turtle and Sponsor a Tree
- Support organization and processes for project management
- Research to support Ecuador projects
- Editing or graphic design support as needed
- Have creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Have a sensitivity to language and writing skills
- Be good with people - for outreach, phone calls, emails, meetings as needed
- Organizational skills will be key
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative - to think creatively and come up with ideas, and then run with them
- Need a genuine excitement to be involved in projects on the ground
- Some prior knowledge on environmental justice and conservation
- Research skills
- Business experience and Spanish a plus
- Ability and willingness to commit time and be available and active, responsive, and reliable
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM THIS OPPORTUNITY
- An ability to work in a growing international NGO with a unique model of working
- You will gain experience in International Development
- The experience to work in a position of real responsibility
- An ability to own your designated work portfolio, and learn hands-on project management, time management, ability to collaborate with highly skilled staff and volunteers
- Work in a fun, high energy, positive, collaborative, supportive and diverse work environment
About Rainforest Partnership
P.O. Box 49268, Austin, TX 78765, US
Rainforest Partnership is an international nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature. We envision thriving tropical rainforests that support a healthy, vibrant planet.
Our central objectives are to:
- Protect tropical rainforests and mitigate local drivers of deforestation by making it more profitable for the rainforest communities to keep the forests standing;
- Improve local livelihoods by helping communities establish and manage economically and ecologically sustainable businesses that flourish long after our work with the community is over;
- Make community members key players in the protection and monitoring of the forests where they live;
- Achieve added beneficial objectives alongside the key goal of rainforest protection including biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation and;
- Create enduring, replicable models in regions where we work and beyond.
We are currently working with communities in the Amazon rainforest region in Peru and Ecuador, developing businesses specific to each project area, including biodiversity potential; land management practices, socio-economic conditions; cultural diversity etc.
We believe the time we invest to establish trust with partner communities, identify appropriate businesses, and form strategic partnerships are the building blocks for our project success. Each of our projects become an important site for understanding the synergy between environmentally sustainable economic development and rainforest conservation.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 9, 2021
- Environmental Education
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design / Print
- Market Research
- Reading / Writing
- Must be at least 18