1 person is interested
Computer Class Instructor
1 person is interested
Position: Computer Class Instructor
Location: Central Library
443 N. 6 th Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Position Purpose: The purpose of this position is to share computer skills with novice and intermediate computer users. Many library patrons are learning to use a computer for the first time. This position helps bridge the digital divide in our community.
Supervisor: Manager of Information Services
Responsibilities, Duties, Functions, Tasks (what must be completed to achieve the goals):
- Teach computer classes for 1-2 library patrons who register in advance.
- Assist students with two-on-one or one-on-one instruction with varied tasks including but not limited to logging on to computers, navigating MS Office, navigating Mac computers and operating software, printing, resume formatting, application navigation, internet searching, email navigation and management, data management, and minor computer troubleshooting.
- Respond to requests from patrons who sign up for computer classes.
- Direct other patron inquiries to staff desks.
- Communicate with library staff to address patron needs.
- Report hours to Volunteer Coordinator using Galaxy (online portal) or log sheet by the 10 th of each month
Qualifications (minimum experience, skills, education, knowledge):
- Proficiency and knowledge of PCs, Microsoft Office, Internet, Mac OS, and basic functions of saving documents and printing materials.
- Stay up to date on Windows and Mac OS updates.
- Willingness to help patrons learn to use computers and various applications.
- Patience, courteousness, calm demeanor, friendliness, willingness to help others learn, and enthusiastic attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Reliability and dependability to attend assigned shifts and inform staff of inability to attend shifts.
- Must be at least 18-years-old
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator, background check, review of handbook, signed waivers
- Train with library staff prior to first shift to learn how to use library printers and scanners, address commonly asked questions, and direct patrons to staff for consultation.
- Physical ability to operate computers, alternate between sitting and standing, and remaining seated for extended periods of time.
- Minimum of one 2-hour shift per week
About Mesa County Libraries
443 North 6th Street, Grand Junction, CO 81501, US
Mesa County Libraries enrich lives and build community through opportunities to learn, discover, create, and connect.
443 North 6th StreetGrand Junction, CO 81501
September 9, 2021
- Customer Service
- Computer Science
- Basic Computer Skills
- Macintosh Platform
- Microsoft Office Suite
- PC Platform
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one 2-hour shift per week