Help run social media for growing nonprofit!
Looking for an engaging volunteer opportunity where you can help tell Words Alive’s stories to thousands of people around the world? Join the Social Media Squad at Words Alive! Volunteers support all aspects of Words Alive’s social media strategy and execution on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, and LinkedIn.
- Copywriters. Copywriters transform prompts into compelling and engaging posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, and LinkedIn. New prompts are added weekly. Copywriters choose the how many and which prompts they’d like to write each week. It takes between 15-30 minutes to write a single day’s prompts (with slight variations for each social media channel).
- Graphic Designers & Video Editors. Graphics and video volunteers transform prompts into graphics and videos to accompany posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, and LinkedIn - as well as to put on Words Alive’s website. They also provide support for Words Alive campaigns and events. New prompts are added regularly. Graphics and video projects take from 20 minutes to 3-4 hours, depending on the complexity. Designers and editors choose their own projects from the list.
- Schedulers. Schedulers combine the content written by copywriters with graphics/videos from the designers/editors and add them to an online scheduling platform. Schedulers are assigned to a specific day of the week. It takes 15-20 minutes to schedule posts for a single day.
- Analysts. Analysts keep track of how many times specific posts on social media are viewed. They provide important feedback to help writers, designers, and editors create engaging content. Analysts are assigned to a specific platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and each week capture the data from that week’s posts. It takes 15-20 minutes each week to track the data.
- Platform Support. Do you love making content for TikTok? Pinterest? Instagram Stories? Other platforms? Let’s talk!
About Words Alive
5111 Santa Fe St. Suite 219, SAN DIEGO, CA 92109, US
The mission of Words Alive is to open opportunities for life success by inspiring a commitment to reading.
What Do Our Volunteers Say About Words Alive?
"Of all the places I have volunteered over the years, I have never felt as valued as with Words! [Words Alive] is so inventive in coming up with opportunities for all ages to intersect with reading and the impact it can have on their lives. I'm always delighted with the many programs that have been created and am so happy to be part of Words Alive!" - Words Alive Read Aloud/Adolescent Book Group/Outreach Volunteer
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 8, 2021
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Set your own schedule for volunteering from your home, meeting weekly/project expectations. As available, attend monthly, virtual team meet-up and share information with other Social Media Squad volunteers.
- Be a self-starter, flexible, creative, & familiar with social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn (don’t need to be an expert!). Provide your own computer; have access to the internet. Volunteers under 18 must submit waiv