We seek a bright and enthusiastic individual who wants to gain insight into development for a Triangle-area nonprofit agency in a volunteer capacity.
Intern will assist the Director of Development with all development work, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
Essential Duties Include:
- Support the departmental Director’s portfolio management of major gift donors and prospects (foundations, corporations, congregations, civic groups, and local business).
- Maintain detailed tracking systems (primarily using Excel) on current and potential donors.
- Conduct prospect research including calls to qualify potential donors to determine capacity and inclination to give.
- Research and identify foundational and corporate grant opportunities through use of appropriate / available software.
- Successfully co-manage the life cycle of special events
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is an unpaid internship but you will get a lot of on the job experience.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Triangle helps children facing adversity reach their potential through professionally supported, one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
Job Type: Unpaid Internship
About Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Triangle, NC
909 Aviation Parkway, Suite 1500, Morrisville, NC 27560, US
Changing perspectives. Changing lives.
Vision: All children achieve success in life.
Mission: Provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America (BBBSA) is the premier mentoring organization in the United States, with more than 500 agencies in all 50 states. We have served millions of children since 1904, primarily through one-to-one, professionally-supported relationships with caring adult volunteers. Just think about it: Young adolescents saying 'no' to drugs and alcohol, improving their school attendance, getting along better with their families and peers-- all because they had Big Brothers and Big Sisters.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Triangle provides youth with positive adult mentors through two core programs, Community-based and Site-based.Community-Based Mentoring
Many relationships between Bigs and Littles fall under our Community-Based programs. These are one-to-one outings and activities, doing things they enjoy together, like:
- Taking a walk in the park
- Going to museum
- Inspiring each other
- Listening to music
- Hanging out and talking
Some Bigs meet their Littles on the weekends. Others get together with their Littles in the evenings. Each match is unique and develops a schedule that works for them.Site-Based Mentoring
It may sound obvious, but sometimes the best place to help a child realize their potential is at school. Kids enjoy having their Bigs meet with them there, whether it’s in the classroom or on the playground. And parents know what a positive impact it makes.
Although it takes place at schools, our School-Based Mentoring program isn’t limited to the classroom. Of course, some Littles do talk with their Bigs about class, or do homework, or read together, but it’s perfectly fine to shoot hoops in the gym or play on the playground. At the end of the day, it's really all about starting a friendship, providing guidance and inspiring them to reach their potential.
808 Aviation ParkwaySuite 900Morrisville, NC 27560
September 8, 2021
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Graphic Design / Print
- Data Entry
- People 55+