Help Adults Learn English in a Computer Lab Setting: Burlington English Lab Lead/Tutor
- No experience or diploma needed - we’ll provide all necessary training.
- English speakers of all levels are welcome and encouraged to volunteer.
- Must be 18 years old to volunteer.
- Ability to commit to 2-3 hours per week for at least 3 months required.
- We strongly encourage volunteers who are people of color, indigenous, immigrants and refugees, LGBTQIA2S+ and people with disabilities.
Are you interested in volunteering in an English-learning computer lab? Then this opportunity might be perfect for you! Literacy Minnesota is looking for volunteers interested in partnering with our Open Door Learning Centers and working with ESL students improve their communication skills as they participate in on-line interactive courses.
- Attend a LiteracyMN sponsored orientation to get familiar with the functions of Burlington English.
- Support students in logging into their Burlington English account during lab time.
- Support students in accessing the correct Student Lesson for the week.
- Support student navigation of BE interface.
- Monitor students while they work through BE Student Lessons.
- Assist when students have trouble with learning content.
- morning / 10:00 AM to 11:45 AM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Literacy Minnesota
700 Raymond Ave, Suite 180, St. Paul, MN 55114, US
Literacy Minnesota is the only statewide, nonprofit, volunteer literacy organization in Minnesota. As a leader and advocate for literacy, Literacy Minnesota provides a variety of cost-effective literacy-based services designed to help achieve the personal, educational and economic goals of Minnesotans.
Founded in 1972, Literacy Minnesota is Minnesota's only non-profit, volunteer-based, education provider that operates statewide. Through a network of over 100 community and school-based programs, we provide free classes for individuals lacking the most basic reading, writing and English-speaking skills. We serve both native-born Americans and refugees and immigrants.
1800 Glenwood AvenueMinneapolis, MN 55405
September 8, 2021
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be at least 18
- At least 2 hours per week for at least 3 months