2 people are interested
At Red Cross blood drives, one shift a month = saving lives!
2 people are interested
EMAIL NED.BLOOM@REDCROSS.ORG TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS VOLUNTEER OPENING, AND ALL OF OUR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES -- INCLUDING LOCAL OPPORTUNITIES IN PHILADELPHIA AND BUCKS COUNTIES AND NATIONAL DEPLOYMENTS (TRAINING, TRAVEL, MEALS & LODGING COVERED.)
Check out this :30 seconds of awesomeness! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GAnfNVQtbQ
From our fixed blood donation locations in Center City and Northeast Philly to our mobile blood drives throughout the region, our blood drive volunteers save lives! It's your choice: Help at the blood drive or on the open road.
Did you know the Red Cross is responsible for about half the country’s blood supply? What’s more, nearly 90% of everything we do is done and led by volunteers. We need BLOOD DONOR AMBASSADORS (to help at blood drives) and BLOOD TRANSPORT VOLUNTEERS (to get the blood where it is needed.) Join us to help assure more birthdays, more graduations, more weddings, and all those happy moments in peoples’ lives.
BLOOD DONOR AMBASSADORS - Sit down while standing up.
- Greet and thank potential blood donors.
- Manage registration desk, assisting each donor with initial intake.
- Monitor reception and hospitality/snack areas.
Once trained, only sign up for blood drives in your neighborhood and on your schedule. 1-2 shifts/month (approx. 4-6 hours/shift.) Must be 16+ years old with welcoming smile!
BLOOD TRANSPORT VOLUNTEERS - Deliver the gift of life...literally!
- Deliver blood and related products from our Philadelphia distribution lab (7th & Spring Garden Streets) to community hospitals.
- Always on your schedule, using your own vehicle or Red Cross vehicle. Only sign up for routes convenient to you; 1-2 shifts/month!
- Work independently or with preferred Navigator.
Requires valid driver’s license, 3+ years clean driving record, and ability to lift up to 45 pounds.
About American Red Cross of Southeastern PA - Headquarters
2221 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the POWER OF VOLUNTEERS and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities -- including:
- Biomedical/Blood Services as an Screener, Ambassador or Driver
- Disaster Cycle Services as a Responder (locally and/or nationally) or Recovery Caseworker
- Emergency Preparedness as a Smoke Alarm Installer or Youth Educator
- Community Outreach
- Volunteer Services
- Service to the Armed Forces
Multiple locations Philadelphia, PA 19111
September 21, 2021
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 4-6 hour shift/month
- Welcoming smile!