Volunteer Board Member
Find more information at houseproudatlanta.org/join-the-board
The Board of Directors serves as the governing body for HouseProud and is responsible for the fiduciary, strategic and general oversight and direction of the organization. Board members serve three-year terms. Additionally, all board members serve on standing committees including: Governance, Fundraising/Special Events, Finance, and Marketing. The Executive Committee is comprised of the President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Ad hoc committees may be formed as needed to support operations and
program needs. All Board members serve without compensation.
- Promote the growth of HouseProud’s mission and vision
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization
- Adhere to all value statements while acting on HouseProud’s behalf
- Make a personal annual financial contribution to HouseProud ($500 non-community member, $100 community member)
- Assist with fundraising to sustain the future of the organization by soliciting financial or in-kind donations from individual donors, corporate sponsors, and/or selling tickets to annual special events
- Contribute professional expertise
- Assist in policy development
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key community members that will assist the organization in meeting its goals
- Approve the annual budget presented by the Executive Committee and Treasurer
- Approve strategic plans and provide support to ensure the organization is on track with its plan Participate in the oversight of the Executive Director
- Attend monthly board meetings, the board retreat, and two Work Days annually
- Serve on at least one standing board committee
- Fulfill the term of the membership according to HouseProud’s ByLaws
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About HOUSEPROUD ATLANTA INC
410 ENGLEWOOD AVE SE, ATLANTA, GA 30315, US
Provide no-cost home repairs to keep low-income senior, veteran, and disabled homeowners while partnering with community organizations to help them remain connected in their community.
HouseProud Atlanta works with local community groups to identify the seniors, veterans and disabled people who can benefit most by repairs designed to make their homes livable, so they can remain in them longer.
410 Englewood AveAtlanta, GA 30315
September 7, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Strategic Planning
- Public Advocacy
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 Hours Per Month
- Regular attendance to board meetings, active participation in an assigned committee, twice-yearly board work days, and a yearly financial donation.