1 person is interested
Nonprofit Executive Director
1 person is interested
FCF’s mission is to provide social opportunities designed for individuals with special needs. We are a 100% volunteer-based organization that is in need of assistance from a qualified individual interested in the Executive Director role. This is an unpaid volunteer position with a time commitment of approximately 10 hours per month.
The Executive Director will perform the following tasks:
- It shall be the responsibility of the Executive Director, in general, to supervise and conduct all activities and operations of the Friends Connect Foundation, subject to the control, advice and consent of the Board of Directors.
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors (approximately 4 per calendar year).
- Supervise and collaborate with organization staff including the Director of Event Programming, Director of Public Relations, Director of Recruitment, and Director of Operations and Risk Management
- Lead in the planning and operation of the annual budget.
- Receive, deposit, disburse and account for all funds of the Friends Connect Foundation
- Assist in fundraising and developing the revenues necessary to support FCF’s mission.
- Oversee the hiring and retention of qualified staff.
- Lead strategic planning and implementation of various initiatives.
The Executive Director will receive extensive training and reference materials.
The professional qualifications needed for this position are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree (pursuing or obtained)
- Ability to conduct strategic planning and to convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Preferred but not required: resides near Monmouth County, New Jersey (this position can be performed virtually)
Being the Executive Director of the Friends Connect Foundation provides you with a unique opportunity to:
- Contribute to the success of the organization
- Make a positive impact on the lives of teenagers with special needs in local communities
- Serve your community
- Expand your network and meet people with similar interests
Thank you in advance for your consideration. We are available to discuss any questions you may have as you consider this opportunity. You can reach us by phone at 732-737-7354 or via email at email@example.com if needed.
About Friends Connect Foundation
P.O. Box 4255, Middletown, NJ 07748, US
Our mission is to provide social opportunities designed for individuals with special needs. Our age-appropriate programs assist participants in forming new friendships, improving their self-esteem and increasing their sense of belonging in the community.
Friends Connect Foundation helps teenagers with special needs build self-esteem, new friendships and an improved sense of belonging through free fitness, self-expression, music and social activities such as mini golfing, holiday parties, dance lessons, reading with bunnies, art, drum circle, gardening, cooking, field days, fitness, games and more. At each event, volunteer "buddies" are paired with a special needs participant to be their host, guide and friend while helping them engage in modifiable activities. We primarily serve residents of Monmouth County ages 12 through 21 years old and host events all year long. All participants and volunteers must register in advance at https://friendsconnectfoundation.org/register. To learn more, please visit https://friendsconnectfoundation.org
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 7, 2021
- Executive Admin
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- This is an unpaid volunteer position with a time commitment of approximately 10 hours per month.