12 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
The mission of AWOFINC is to significantly reduce illiteracy, unemployment, youth gang activity, drug and alcohol abuse, violence and homelessness by developing happy purposeful people committed to giving something back to the community. This position is responsible for developing and implementing a housing program that expands the permanent housing options available for Transitional Housing Program candidates. The Housing Program Coordinator will work closely with other program coordinators to conduct the program activities of the organization. The team approach facilitates the sharing of power and responsibilities across positions and reflects the organization’s commitment to inclusion and leadership development.
- Perform all work in a culturally responsive manner consistent with the Organization’s mission and principles of unity.
- Work with the program team, specifically the Public Policy and Economic Justice Coordinators, to design and implement the Organization’s housing program, including:
- research, analyze, and monitor housing and homelessness policy issues related to domestic violence
- formulate the Organization’s policy agenda through discussion with key stakeholders
- build policy collaborations across issues, such as poverty, economic development, homelessness, employment, immigration, and privacy
- provide education and technical assistance to policymakers and participate in state and national survivors of violence public policy and housing efforts
- maintain strong relationships with the Organization’s member programs through meetings, networking, training, technical assistance, and dissemination of public policy and Housing First information
- facilitate member program participation in public policy processes
- provide support and technical assistance to member programs about supportive and permanent housing trends and initiatives, especially Housing First models
- engage with member programs about housing options beyond emergency shelter
- work in collaboration with the Public Policy team to: track domestic violence and survivors of violence, returning citizens legislative initiatives, read and provide comment to legislative drafts, provide testimony during the legislative session, and meet with key policymakers throughout the year
- assistance with grantwriting, contract monitoring, and reporting, as needed
- Participate in general Coalition staff activities and specific duties as assigned.
This is a remote/virtual position however, the preferred candidate will live/work in the Chicagoland area.
About AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Human Resources Development & Training, Chicago, IL 60649, US
The mission of AWOFINC is to significantly reduce illiteracy, unemployment, youth gang activity, drug and alcohol abuse, violence and homelessness by developing happy purposeful people committed to giving something back to the community.
AWOFINC is a community initiative that is designed to meet the needs of families who do not have the resources that are to attain the supplemental educational services that are needed to enhance the possibility of success for their children. For over two decades AWOFINC has addressed the critical educational, financial, and social needs of the families in Illinois.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 5, 2023
- Facilities Management
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week
- Orientation and Training