Technical Virtual Class Assistant for English Literacy Program
Help support the English Literacy Program by performing technical assistance that allow staff members to focus on providing services in an efficient manner.
Online in Zoom meetings.
May include some/all of the following:
- Assist teacher and participants with virtual platform troubleshooting allowing the teacher to focus on teaching
- Manage the administrative side of the meeting including:
- Helping participants join the meeting
- Mute and unmuting participants
- Manage participant’s video and mute/unmute
- Rename participants when necessary to match attendance sheet
- Assign participants to breakout rooms
- Chat with participants (in-meeting chat) when needing to guide them in participation.
- Assist teacher with class participation and assignments (when requested)
- Attend mandatory online orientation with the Program Coordinator at the start of the school year
- Log in to platform 15 minutes before the scheduled time to prepare for student arrivals
- Stay in the class 15 minutes past the class scheduled time to end, as needed by the teacher
- Be respectful, supportive, and encouraging
- Adhere to guidelines put in place by the Program Coordinator and the teacher
Reports to: Cindy Newland, Program Coordinator
- Friendly, works well with others, has a good working knowledge of the Zoom platform for meetings and technology in general, speaks enough Spanish to communicate.
This opportunity is appropriate for high school students under age 18 who are seeking SSL hours.
English Literacy Program training will be provided.
About Sheppard Pratt
620 E. Diamond Ave., Suite M, Suite M, Gaithersburg, MD 20877, US
Sheppard Pratt (formerly Family Services) promotes the resilience, recovery, and independence of individuals and families across the lifespan though mental and physical health, social service, and education, thereby strengthening communities.
For over 100 years we have been providing a wide array of services and supports to over 12,000 people in Montgomery, Frederick and Prince George's counties each year.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 7, 2021
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a day, twice a week (4 hours/week) from September until late October
- Form(s) required: FSI Volunteer Application and Volunteer Agreement Corporate Confidentiality Agreement Parent Consent form (under 18) Reference check