Stella’s Girls Incorporated is a grassroots-based organization in Maryland, founded in 2016 to respond to the needs of girls and women in rural and developing countries. We are a research-based programmatic organization supporting young girls and women, age 12-30, through direct services including mentoring, social emotional learning, coding, tutoring, and providing basic resources for school. In addition to providing direct services, we work diligently for systemic change and contribute to the growing movement to end gender-based violence and fight for gender equality. Achieving Gender-Equality gives everyone equal opportunities and is good for marginalized racial groups.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Donor Manager reports directly to the Executive Director, Events Coordinator, and Program Manager. The Donor Manager is responsible for developing and implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance and grow revenue and current and prospective donors. The Donor Manager also provides comprehensive administrative assistance to the Philanthropy department, with a focus on office and fundraising support, effective database management and reporting, event logistics, and donor stewardship efforts (acknowledgments, printed material inventory, prep materials for donor meetings). As necessary, the Donor Manager will recruit and supervise volunteers to help with department efforts. Paramount to this position is the ability to work with a high degree of independence and juggle various projects at once while maintaining a clear view of how each project supports the organization’s mission.
- Design, document, and implement a systematic and integrated donor relations program.
- Establish and manage information tracking processes regarding acknowledgment, recognition, ongoing communications and continued cultivation of past and current donors and members to enhance their relationship with Stella’s Girls, Inc and increase the likelihood of continued contributions
- Maintain online profiles
- Assist with final reports for grants and other writing needs.
- Attends internal and external meetings, and community events as required.
- Discovers donor companies’ corporate social responsibility and/or workplace giving objectives, identifies opportunities that align with Stella’s Girls, Inc's mission statement, and works with staff to create engagement initiatives and opportunities.
- Works with Executive Director to create solicitation and year-round engagement strategies to retain current and attract new donors
- Maintain physical donor communication materials and inventory of general development team supplies. * Provide general clerical support * Answer general development phone inquiries.
- Provide professional assistance and interaction with donors (via phone, computer and face-to-face).
- Provide support when acknowledging appropriate financial and in-kind donations by correspondence. * Support Stella’s Girls team to generate development reports from databases (sponsors, major donors, individuals, lapsed donors, etc.).
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for the mission of Stella’s Girls
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, volunteers, internal staff, donors, executives, potential funding partners and all constituencies.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Exceptional understanding of philanthropy as it relates to the not-for-profit organization and a wide and deep knowledge of fundamental disciplines of resource development
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team; detail-oriented, well organized, focused and goal-oriented, with a high level of initiative and energy, as well as problem-solving skills.
- The knowledge and ability to create, execute and/or support, and oversee a comprehensive donor acknowledgment and recognition plan, including advising on complex and carefully orchestrated cultivation events and programs for the major donors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills
About Stella's Girls
7455 Sandy Bottom Ct, Hughesville, MD 20637, US
Stella's Girls' mission is to educate and empower girls and women to become leaders, social change agents, and advocates in their community.
Stella's Girls was founded in 2016 to answer the call of a lack of education opportunities and resources for girls in Maryland, Japan, and Liberia. Since our beginning, we have served over 500 girls and women through our mentorship program, coding programs, personal development, advocacy training, and hygiene training. We also have representation in Nigeria, Uganda, Sierra Leone, and Ivory Coast.
We educate girls through our personal development workshops, professional training, youth conferences, and coding program.
We empower girls through our advocacy training and opportunities to represent us at seminars and conferences.
We help girls become leaders by offering leadership training and connecting them to mentors in their fields.
Our goal is to help increase the number of female leaders by 2050. We also support thee 2030 United Nations 2030 Sustainable Goals.
Multiple locations Hughesville, MD 20637
September 5, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Donor Management
- People Skills
- Must be at least 21
- 10 Hours per week