Looking for someone to help create and host events for our tutoring work! - Events Internship
Title: Events Internship - Education non profit volunteer opportunity
Estimated Hours/Week: 5+ hours/week
Expected Commitment: 3+ months
About Pandemic Professors:
Pandemic Professors is a nonprofit organization that offers free tutoring and mentorship to underserved students in low-income communities. The service was created to bridge the education gap caused by e-learning and the pandemic. We are a 100% volunteer-run organization and have no paid opportunities.
We are spreading the word about our services and improving our communication to tutors and families that are already part of our community. We are looking for Events Interns to join our team who are passionate about social good, education, and event planning to help us run engaging virtual events to spread the word about us and help us raise funds so that we can continue scaling up.If you are interested, please apply directly here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclAim-01fJDN9A0qzja1ZAoGC-GS8jo6lKLLGHvQiMixV1eA/viewform
- Aid in creating an events strategy in collaboration with our marketing, design, and funding teams.
- Work with the Events team to produce regular virtual events to serve the following purposes:
- Educate our staff, tutors, and families on special topics (e.g., hosting a career panel for students who want to go into tech).
- Create community and belonging for our volunteers and families (e.g., hosting holiday events for us to come together and bond virtually).
- Organize fundraisers so that we can continue supporting our current students and expand to serve more.
- Collaborate across multiple teams in the organization, including Product Managers, Service designers, UX designers, and researchers, as they conduct user research and adjust strategies as needed to establish a unified voice for our brand.
- Taking on additional open tasks when asked or interested.
- Report to the Head of Events.
Opportunities for Growth:
Apply and develop the following skills:
- Event management skills
- Nonprofit/volunteer experience
- Verbal and written communication
- Self-driven and collaborative work environment
- Organization and time management; planning
- Can take on leadership roles such as event planning, leading events, and other projects and later on be considered for promotion to Head roles
Increase your knowledge in the following areas:
- Nonprofit marketing and operations
- K-12 Education & Tutoring
- Supporting underserved populations
- Career development for recent college students
- Leadership experience
About PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
512 W 156th St., Apt 22, New York City, NY 10032, US
The mission of Pandemic Professors is to facilitate free tutoring to children in low-income communities impacted by the pandemic.
At Pandemic Professors, we believe all K-12 students deserve an opportunity to receive free supplemental learning through private tutoring, in order to help them remain on track and meet their educational goals. Our organization was founded to match underserved students across the United States with free online tutors to more safely help during this unprecedented crisis and beyond.
Historically, students in underserved communities are at greater risk of falling behind in academics and socio-emotional skills. Much like Hurricane Katrina, the COVID-19 crisis is exacerbating the plethora of academic and personal challenges these students already face. Our organization presents students in low-income communities with opportunities to strengthen subject comprehension and boost confidence. The needs, strengths, and voices of the impacted students drive our family-centered philosophy and evidence-based practices.
Together with our partners, Pandemic Professors combats adverse effects on learning resulting from the pandemic and exacerbated by poverty. Students in underserved communities don’t lack a hunger for knowledge, they lack the means to access quality tutoring. Pandemic Professors provides effective tools for students to complete their K-12 education, and we will continue to work with our students after the pandemic until the educational gap is resolved. We sincerely hope you consider joining us in the fight to improve the lives of students adversely affected by poverty and the pandemic.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 5, 2021
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- at least 5 hours per week for 3 months.